Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single moms

When finances are a little tight, it’s good to know that there are several Government Assistance Programs out there that can lend single mothers a helping hand when they need it most. Below we’ll cover some of the most helpful assistance programs offered by the U.S. Government.

SNAP food assistance ( government grants ) for single mothers

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is aimed towards helping low-income families, single moms and individuals by providing them with assistance for buying food. Together with State agencies and partners, the Food and Nutrition Service, the SNAP initiative helps provide thousands of American citizens with “food stamps” in order to ensure they are receiving proper nutrition. To see whether you are eligible for assistance, have a look at the SNAP Eligibility Information.  You can also enquire with the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service Head Office by calling them on 703-305-2062 for detailed information.

WIC program assists single moms with grants

WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. This initiative provides States with Federal grants for nutrition education, health care referrals, and supplemental foods. Women that fall under the low-income bracket who are pregnant or breastfeeding, as well as children up to the age of 5, may be eligible for assistance. To apply for WIC, you need to contact you nearest agency providing WIC services, or call the Hotline on 1-800-522-5006. Alternatively, visit the website for more information on single mother assistance.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Child Nutrition Programs

The United States Department of Agriculture offers a wide range of nutritional programs aimed at providing nutritional meals to children. Some of their assistance programs include the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, Team Nutrition, and the Special Milk Program. The Food and Nutrition Service also offers a Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) as well as a Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) that are aimed at assisting communities with food products and special discounts. For detailed information, visit their website.

TEFAP grants

As a Federal assistance program, The Emergency Food Assistance Program offers free food assistance to low-income single moms, families and individuals. The program is administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and before applying for assistance, you need to meet income requirements set out by the guidelines. You can contact Les Johnson, director of the Food Distribution Division, on 703-305-2680, or visit their website for detailed information and eligibility requirements.


Medicare is a medical insurance program primarily targeted at individuals aged 65 and older, but they do offer assistance for individuals under the age of 65 in certain circumstances. To check whether you’re eligible for any one of the programs, use the Medicare Eligibility Checker Tool. To apply for Medicare assistance, get in touch with the Social security Administration at 800-772-1213 or visit their website for detailed information.

HUD Public Housing and grants for single parents

Low-income families can apply for low-cost rental housing from the HUD Public Housing Assistance Program. With over 3,300 Local Public Housing Agencies participating in the program, all States and territories are served by HUD Public Housing. To find out more about eligibility requirements and application requirements, contact your local public housing agency, or call the Service Center at 1-800-955-2232. You can also visit the website for more information on single mother assistance.


Medicaid is a Federal medical assistance program that aims to assist low-income families and those who do not have sufficient medical insurance. Medicaid eligibility guidelines differ from State to State, and as such, is administered by each individual state. If you want to find out if you’re eligible for Medicaid assistance, you can contact your local State Medicaid Office. General information regarding the program can be found on the Medicaid website.

LIHEAP energy grants and assistance for single parents

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program was established to assist low-income single moms, families and individuals that cannot afford their home energy bills. Heating and cooling energy cost assistance may be provided to individuals that meet the LIHEAP eligibility criteria. For application requirements, contact your State or Local LIHEAP Office. LIHEAP also has contact center that can assist you with your queries. Call them on 866-674-6327 or visit the website for more information.

Federal Government Pro Bono Program

The Federal Government Pro Bono Program assists low-income single parents, individuals and families in need of help with free legal assistance and mentoring services. To find out more about the program or to apply for free help, contact Laura Klein at the Federal Government Pro Bono Program by sending an email to You can also visit the website for more information or call the New York office at 212-760-2554.

Head Start and Early Head Start / Childcare grants

The U.S Department of Health and Human Services offers a federally funded Head Start program which aims at assisting children up to the age of 5 with school readiness programs. Low-income families may be eligible for assistance. A lot of the Head Start Programs run Early Head Start programs that are aimed at pregnant women, toddlers, and infants. If you wish to apply for Head Start or Early Head Start, you’ll need to contact your local program that supports Head Start. You can find a Head Start Locator Tool on the website. Alternatively, you can also call the Service Center on 1-886-763-6481 for more information.

As you can see, there are a lot of helpful government assistance programs that can assist single mothers and individuals in need across the country.

Sponsored links