Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Government Financial Help for Single Mothers

There might be a lot of State-funded assistance programs operated throughout the United States, but did you know, as a single mother, there are also a wide range of government assistance programs that can help you become self-sufficient? On this page, we’ll be sharing the details.

Additional Child Tax Credit

Additional Child Tax Credit is tax deductions that can help single mothers save on their annual tax returns. You can claim for up to $1,000 for each of your children if you meet requirements set out by the IRS. If you’re not sure about how the deduction works, you can contact the IRS Assistance Office at 1-800-906-9887. Visit the website link for more information.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

The TANF program can help single mothers pay for the cost of child care expenses, their housing, and even food supplies. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families provides temporary cash assistance to eligible applicants, although you have to meet a set of program requirements. to learn more about the program or if you need help with finding your nearest family assistance office, you can contact the U.S. Office of Family Assistance at 202-401-9275. Visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Children’s Health Insurance Program

CHIP is much the same as the federal Medicaid program, but instead of offering cover for families, the Children’s Health Insurance Program is a healthcare plan designed with the needs of children in mind. Contact the National Chip Application Center at 1-800-318-2596 to see if your children are eligible for CHIP benefits. Visit the website link for more information.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

A lot of people refer to the SNAP initiative as Food Stamps. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program provides single mothers and low-income families with electronic benefits, which can be used to purchase supplemental food supplies at participating retail stores. You can apply for SNAP benefits by calling the Toll Free Information Number at 1-800-221-5689. Visit the website link for more information.

Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children

The Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC) can help pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their small children stay healthy and also provide them with access to basic healthcare services. To learn more about what benefits are available or to enroll for assistance, you should get in touch with the Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service Office at 702-305-2062. Visit the website link for more information.

Earned Income Tax Credit

EITC is another tax benefit that single mothers may be able to use to their advantage. The Earned Income Tax Credit benefit can help you reduce the amount of tax you’ll have to pay and might even be able to help you get a tax refund. If you are a working mom and would like to get more information on this benefit, call the IRS Information Line at 800-829-1040. Visit the website link for more information.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

LIHEAP can help reduce the cost of your monthly electricity bills, provide you with the means to improve your home’s energy efficiency, and can also assist partially with the payment of your utility bills. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is available to single mothers and other low-income households that meet program requirements. For help with finding your local LIHEAP office, you can call the Administration for Children and Families’ Community Services Office at 202-401-9351. Visit the website link for more information.

Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance

If you rent your house or are planning on renting in the near future and you are on a limited income, your family might be eligible for the Section 8 Program. The program provides rental subsidies through the funds provided by the HUD. You can apply to see if you qualify for benefits by calling the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at 202-708-1112. Visit the website link for more information.

Single-Family Rural Housing Loans

Single mothers can apply for the Single-Family Rural Housing Loan program in order to help them buy their own property that is safe, decent, and adequate. You can get as much as a 90% loan note on your home, if you meet program requirements set by the USDA Rural Development Division. Prospective applicants need to get in touch with an approved lender if they wish to start their application process, but you can call the Rural Housing Service Administrator’s Office at 202-690-1533 in order to find an approved lender in your area. Visit the website link for more information.

Energy Efficient Mortgage Insurance

Another initiative that can assist single mothers with their home energy costs is the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Energy Efficient Mortgage program (EEM). The program can help you save on the cost of your utility bills by ensuring that your hoe is fitted with energy efficient fittings, in order to cut the cost of your electricity usage. You can apply for EEM by contacting the HUD at 202-708-1112. Visit the website link for more information.

We hope that single mothers now have all the information they’ll need to apply for government financial help, should the need ever arise.

Sponsored links