If you are a single mother struggling to make ends meet, there are plenty of options and programs out there that can help you get the help you need.
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) wants to help families become more self-sufficient. Their goal for single mothers is to provide assistance so that children can be taken care of at home and promote job preparation. They can be reached by calling (202) 401-9275.
Help with Food
There are food banks located across the country that help single mothers get the food they need to feed their families. A nearby location can be discovered by visiting the Feeding America web page or by calling (800) 771-2303.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
The USDA provides loan programs for those that meet their income-eligibility requirements. The money can be used for closing costs, refinancing, repairs, connection fees, household equipment, energy efficient installments, and more. Details can be uncovered by calling (800) 414-1226.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Federal funding and grants are obtainable by requesting assistance through Single Mother Help. They focus on getting single mothers the money they need to raise their families on their own.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
In today’s technological world it is essential to have a telephone and internet to stay up-to-date and in contact with all the necessary connections. Lifeline is a government program that will help ensure that people who qualify based on a low-income can stay in touch.
Help with Childcare
Help A Mother Out is a group that provides diapers to mothers that need them for their babies. They can be reached by filling out the form on their website or by dialing 2-1-1.
Office of Child Care provides the financial assistance necessary so kids can go to a quality daycare or afterschool program while their mom’s work. They can be reached at (202) 690-6782.
There are a plethora of companies that provide childcare assistance on both the federal and state level that can be explored by visiting SingleMoms.org.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid is a federal insurance program that is available to families that qualify. There is an application process that determines if a child or adult can benefit from the program. Call the federal insurance Marketplace at 1 (800) 318-2596 to learn more.
Help with Legal Matters
Find free legal assistance in relation to the state by visiting here.
Help with Financial Counseling
Getting out of debt can be impossible while trying to raise children alone. Credit unions like America First Credit Union, banks, religious organizations, and other groups may be able to help.
Help From Other Groups
As a single mother, it is okay to ask for help when you need it. Get in touch with one of these groups or programs to help you get back on your feet.