Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Child Care Assistance for Single Mothers

Modern single mothers often work full time and possibly go to school so child care is a necessity. However, it can be quite expensive. Fortunately, there are programs that provide child care assistance at the state and local levels.

Head Start

Head Start is a federal program that provides educational, healthcare and nutrition services to low-income children. Single mothers prepare their preschoolers for life in elementary school. Use the online locator tool to find a Head Start center near you or call 1-866-763-6481. Visit the website link for more information.

Early Head Start

Early Head Start is the Head Start version for infants and toddlers. The program provides resources for low-income and/or disadvantaged children. Use the Head Start locator to find a center in your area. Visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Chafee Foster Care Independent Living

The John H. Chafee Foster Care Independence Program (CFCIP) helps foster care children transition into adulthood. They receive help with finding jobs, getting education and finding housing. The Educational and Training Vouchers Program (ETV) provides $5,000 annual vouchers for job training and education. Visit the website link for more information and to find a child welfare agency near you. Call 1-800-394-3366 or for assistance.

Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) for homes

The Child and Adult Care Food Program provides nutritious meals to children, the elderly and the disabled in daycares. The federal assistance program is administered by the states, which provide free or reduced cost meals to eligible children and adults. Apply through your State agency or the daycare center that sponsors the program. Visit the website link for more information.

Child and Dependent Care Credit program

The Child and Dependent Care Credit program is a tax credit that you may receive on your federal income tax return. You are eligible if you have cared for a dependent, such as a child or a mentally or physically impaired adult. View the additional qualifications on the IRS website and consider finding a tax professional. Visit the website link for more information and to download a form or call 800-829-3676.

Child Care Access program

The Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program (CCAMPIS) helps single mothers who are pursuing education and need childcare services. Low-income parents attend colleges or universities while their children are cared for on campus. The grants are awarded to eligible applicants for four years of schooling. Visit the website link for more information about Child Care Access or contact a representative at (202) 453-7121 or

Child Tax Credit program

The Child Tax Credit allows you to receive up to $1,000 based on your income and the child’s qualifications. You have to file a federal income tax return, which is downloadable online along with the instructions. Find additional help at a low-income taxpayer clinic in your area. To see if you qualify, visit the website link for more information.

Social Services Block Grant (SSBG)

The Social Services Block Grants (SSBG) program provides a wide range of social services to benefit low-income communities. Typical services include adoption centers, child or adult daycares, independent living counseling, job training and more. The types of services and the individual’s eligibility requirements differ in each state. Services for single mothers are available at local welfare offices. Visit the website link for more information, and find links to SSBG officials in your state.

Special Improvement Project grant

The Special Improvement Project (SIP) grant provides funds for state and national child support programs. Single parents receive the state’s help in pursuing the child support they need. For grant application services, contact 1-800-518-4726 or Also, visit the website link for more information.

Special Education Parent Training and Information (PTI) Centers Program

The Special Education Parent Training and Information (PTI) Centers Program helps single mothers with disabled children. They receive assistance to develop the child’s academic and independent living needs. To apply, choose from three types of centers that administer the program: community parent resource centers, parent training and information centers or technical assistance for parent centers. Visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links