Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Arizona

A grant is free money that is available to low-income individuals. Many single mothers in Arizona are struggling financially, so they should know more about these need-based grant programs.


The Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education (ACPE) has grants for struggling single mothers. Arizona Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (AzLEAP) is one type of grant that is based on need and eligibility. The Math, Science and Special Education Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program (MSSE) helps future teachers who want to work in Arizona.

Learn more about state-funded assistance programs for students on the ACPE website. Call their office in Phoenix at (602) 258-2435.

Arizona Federal Pell Grant

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Arizona State University has information on the state’s Federal Pell Grant. You are eligible if you are low income and pursuing a bachelor’s degree. Apply by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and waiting for the results. For more information, call the ASU financial aid office at (855) 278-5080 or visit in person.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) are also given to low-income people in pursuit of bachelor’s degrees. To qualify, you have to receive the Federal Pell Grant and file for FAFSA. The deadline is March 1 and the funds are limited. For more information, call the ASU financial aid office at (855) 278-5080 or visit in person.

Unemployment Insurance Benefits

The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) has unemployment insurance benefits for unemployed mothers who qualify. View the eligibility requirements and file your claim online.

The AZ Unemployment Insurance call center is available toll free at 1 (877) 600-2722 and in Phoenix at (602) 364-2722. To view the status of your claim, call 1 (877) 766-8477 or visit the website.


DES Child Care helps income eligible single mothers pay for their child’s daycare. Arizona’s Department of Health Services (DHS) has a list of providers that include licensed child care centers, group homes, and individuals. To qualify, you have to be enrolled in the DES Jobs Program, employed or enrolled in education classes. There is a full list of requirements that you can review on the DES website.

Call the DES Child Care Administration at (602) 542-4248 or contact their statewide office at 1-800-308-9000. Use the locator tool to find a DES office near you.

Head Start and Early Head Start

The Head Start and Early Head Start programs have social services for single and low-income teen mothers. Head Start is designed for children between the ages of 3 and 5. Early Head Start is designed for pregnant women and children from ages 3 to 5 years old.

Contact the Arizona Head Start Association at (602) 338-0449 or Use a locator tool to find a program near you or call toll free 1-866-763-6481.

KidsCare – Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

Arizona participates in the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) through KidsCare. Check to see if your children are eligible. Start applying on July 1 and start the program at September 1. Apply online through Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus) or download and fill out an application.

Call about the CHIP program at (602) 417-4000 or toll free at 1-800-654-8713.

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) has medical assistance programs for low-income adults, children and the elderly. Check the income eligibility chart, apply online or download an application on the AHCCCS website. Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) is available to elderly and disabled people. Apply online, call or visit an ALTCS office.

Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)

The Arizona Department of Health Services (DHS) is involved in the Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC) for single mothers. Determine your eligibility online or find a local WIC clinic. This program provides information about nutrition and breastfeeding.

Call DHS at (602) 542-1025 or call the WIC program at 1-800-252-5942. Visit a WIC clinic or make an appointment by calling 1-800-252-5942.

Nutrition Assistance (NA)

Nutrition Assistance (NA) is Arizona’s program for low-income assistance. Check your eligibility for benefits and apply on the DES site. Use the locator tool to find a DES office near you. Call the Family Assistance Administration (FAA) at 1-855-432-7587.

The state of Arizona gives single mothers a way out of poverty. Learn more about local grant programs and see if you qualify.

Sponsored links