Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in California

Being a single mother is not easy in California or anywhere else. Luckily, there are grants available that you do not have to pay back.

Cal Grant

There is a long list of grants on the California Student Aid Commission website. Review the eligibility requirements for each grant. Find awards for high school graduates, university transfers, and community college students.

For questions, call (888) 224-7268 or (888) CA GRANT or send an online contact form to CSAC Customer Relations.

Paid Family Leave (PFL)

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The California Employment Development Department includes the Paid Family Leave (PFL) program. You receive benefits to care for a severely ill parent, child or relative, or a new child. File your claim through an online process or order an application.

For questions, contact a local EDD office by mail, by phone at 1-877-238-4373 or in person.


EDD provides an Unemployment Insurance (UI) program that serves recently unemployed people. On the EDD site, file for a claim, check the status of your claim, or review eligibility requirements.

Call the 24-hour self-service helpline at 1-866-333-4606. Speak to an EDD representative by phone at 1-800-300-5616.


 Cal-Learn provides educational and social services to teens with children. The California Department of Social Services has a link to this program and a directory of county welfare offices where they can apply.

Access for Infants & Mothers (AIM)

Medi-Cal Access Program has resources for pregnant women and emancipated minors. Apply through the Covered California website or review income guidelines. For application assistance, call 1-800-300-1506.

Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)

The California Department of Education has a Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) that pays sponsors to provide summer meals for children. Call the SFSP office at (800) 952-5609 or email them at Contact the Nutrition Services Division at (800) 952-5609 or (916) 322-8323.

California Head Start

The California Head Start Association has Head Start and Early Head Start programs to serve single mothers and children under the age of 5. The programs include family, childhood education, health and nutrition services. Contact this organization at (916) 444-7760 or


The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has a Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program that provides nutrition education and financial assistance for mothers of young children. You must be low income, pregnant or raising a child under the age of 5.

Take the eligibility assessment test online to see if you qualify. Then, find a WIC office near you to apply. Call 1-888-942-9675 or 1-888-WIC-WORKS or use the CDPH search tool.


The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) has Medi-Cal resources that provide free or low-cost assistance to eligible families. Apply through the Covered California website or find a county office in your area.

Contact an Eligibility Worker in your county by calling (800) 300-1506, go on the website or visit the office. Contact them via email through the online Medi-CalNow form.


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also called CalFresh, is your source for food assistance in California. Apply online, download an application, or call toll free at 1-877-847-3663 (FOOD).

If you are heading a household without a partner, you can receive assistance from the state and federal governments. A grant helps single mothers to accomplish many of their immediate and long-term goals.

Sponsored links