Looking at ways to apply for grants as a single mother? This page will show Iowa residents where they might be able to apply for assistance.
As part of Iowa’s Temporary Assistance to Needy Family’s program, the Family Investment Program can help single mothers in need with a temporary cash loan if they meet income and work requirements. You may visit your county DHS office or call the Department of Human Services’ Field Operations at 515-281-6899 if you have any queries or would like to apply for FIP benefits.
The Iowa Department of Human Services offers a Food Assistance Program to eligible families on a limited income. The program provides participants with the means of obtaining fresh, nutritious foods for their families. You may apply for Food Assistance by calling the Assistance Hotline at 1-877-347-5678.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
CCA is available from the Department of Human Services as a means to try and assist working parents that need to ensure their children receive quality child care. Child Care Assistance is granted when applicants meet income and work requirements, but you can contact the Centralized Child Care Assistance Eligibility Unit at 866-448-4605 to see if you qualify for assistance.
Comprehensive healthcare coverage is provided to low-income families via the Iowa Health and Wellness Plan if they meet all program requirements. Single mothers may apply for healthcare assistance by getting in touch with the DHS Hotline at 1-877-347-5678.
HAWK-I is a healthcare assistance program provided to children of needy families. The program caters to the medical and dental needs of children no older than 19 years of age. You may apply to get your children covered if you meet income requirements and are not currently covered by another public healthcare plan. To enquire about this, call the HAWK-I office at 1-800-257-8563.
The Iowa Unemployment Insurance Administration can assist single mothers looking to claim unemployment benefits. Should you wish to log a claim, you may get in touch with the Customer Service Team at 888-848-7442.
The Iowa Tuition Grant is available to eligible low-income families with children that are studying at either a private college or university in Iowa. Funding for the grant is limited to available resources, but grants can offer as much as 4 years of full-time studies. To see if your children are eligible for this grant, enquire by calling the Local College Aid’s Information Service Center at 877-272-4456.
If you would like to ensure that your children receive quality early childhood education and childcare services and feel like you meet income requirements, you may be able to benefit from either the Head Start or the Early Head Start Programs. Both programs are administered by the Iowa Department of Education. You can reach them at 1-866-763-6481 to apply for assistance.
The Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program is administered by the Iowa Department of Human Services. You may apply for TANF if you are a single mother, meet work and income requirements, and would like to apply for a temporary cash loan to pay for basic needs such as food, education, and housing. If you need any assistance with applying for benefits, you can call the Assistance Office at 1-800-972-2017.
As you can see, single mothers living in Iowa do have a lot of resources offering financial grants in order to help them ensure that their children lead happy, healthy lives.