Legal Assistance for single mothers Are you a single mom being denied public benefits? Do you need support with a consumer issue, landlord-tenant problem, or end-of-life documents? Legal matters are complex and can have long-term consequences. Who will help if you need an attorney, but you cannot afford one? Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) will provide free legal assistance to eligible, low-income residents. DVAP can assist with family law, employment, public or private benefits, and more. Call 214-243-2247 to learn about services offered. To determine if you qualify for no cost legal aid attend one of the DVAP conferences listed here. Dallas Bar Association The Dallas Bar Association has collected information helpful to persons using the court system. From lawyer referral to assistance with managing simple civil cases without an attorney these resources can aid anyone requiring free help. Disability Rights Texas This organization works for individuals with physical and developmental disabilities and issues related to universal access and discrimination. Disability Rights advocates for people with any disability including mobility, hearing, vision, learning and with employment, voting, housing, healthcare, and any other type of discrimination. To learn about your rights as a person with a disability contact Disability Rights Texas by phone 800-252-9108 or visit the website.
Finding Food To many, Dallas is rich oil barons, luxurious homes, and expensive vehicles. If you look beyond the shiny veneer, you will find a poverty rate upwards of thirty percent. Hunger is as much a reality as the skyscrapers. Fortunately, there are many organizations and faith-based groups that strive to end hunger. Before going to a food pantry or community kitchen, call first as hours may change. The resources listed are for anyone who needs food. Do not hesitate to accept assistance. America has enough food to feed everyone. If you require food immediately call 855-719-7627. Our Community Pantry Our Community Pantry is a client choice food pantry. The atmosphere is similar to a small grocery store. Clients decide what nutritious foods they will take home. To receive help first call 214-367-3131 to learn enrollment requirements. Brother Bill’s Helping Hand (BBHH) Brother Bill’s hosts a Grocery Store every Wednesday and Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. To find out more visit the website or call 214-638-2196. Family Care Center offers a food pantry Single mother families and individuals may use once a month. Food is available Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. For additional information contact the center at 214-670-7185.
Financial Counseling for single moms Do you routinely pay your bills late? Are you paying interest on past due accounts? If you are exhausted from trying to avoid creditors, it is time to speak with a credit counselor.
Transformance is a credit counseling agency that can assist people who want to gain financial control in their lives. Transformance can help with debt management, housing, credit repair, and student loans. Eligible individuals may receive advice at no charge. For other services 214-638-2227.
Free or Low Cost Healthcare for single mothers Staying healthy requires a nutritious diet, exercise, a good mental outlook and regular medical and dental care. Unfortunately, if you are barely able to pay for housing and utilities, there is nothing left for health care. How can you receive the help you need? There are private and public organizations that provide free or sliding scale fee healthcare to eligible individuals and families. Healing Hands Ministries The Healing Hands Ministries provides comprehensive medical treatment for uninsured children and adults. Services include dental hygiene and dentistry, primary care, pediatrics, neurology, orthopedics and assistance with prescription programs. Ask about the other medical services provided by Healing Hands Ministries. Transportation is available for any appointment made through Healing Hands. Before making an appointment, potential patients must be enrolled. For an appointment contact Healing Hand Ministries 241-221-0855 or learn more online. Bluitt-Flowers Health Center The Center has a walk-in clinic and an urgent care department. Also, services include preventive illness check-ups, chronic disease management, psychology, dental, HIV, geriatric care, and pharmacy. For questions 214-266-4200. To make an appointment 214-266-4000. Continue reading to learn more about Bluitt-Flowers health center.
++++ Sponsored links ++++
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Eviction Prevention assistance for single parents If you are a single mother behind on rent, or you have received an eviction notice there are organizations and faith-based charities that can provide help to eligible families and individuals. Keeping people in safe housing is not only the reasonable course of action, but it is also much less expensive than finding new homes, schools, and additional resources. North Dallas Shared Ministries provides single mother assistance to qualifying families and individuals for prevention of eviction. Continue reading at the website to find out how the program works.
Utility Assistance for single moms Are you a single mom unable to pay your utility bill? Have you received a disconnect notice? Contact your utility company right away and ask about assistance programs. If your utility company cannot help you, there are other agencies that can provide aid. Catholic Charities, Elderly and Family Assistance Services Catholic Charities are dedicated to helping single mother families stay together in their residence. Toward that goal, Catholic Charities will pay a past due utility bill or cut off notice for eligible persons. Call 214-826-8300. Salvation Army DFW Metroplex-Pleasant Grove The organization will provide utility assistance to qualifying families and individuals. Call 214-398-6619 or visit the website to learn more.
++++ Sponsored links ++++