Food Assistance for single mothers
There are people experiencing hunger in the United States. Adults and children who live in Maryland do not have enough to eat. America produces vast quantities of food, more than sufficient to feed every person in the country; however, not everyone has money to buy food. It does not have to be this way. There is help for single mothers.
The Food Supplement Program (FSP) is Maryland’s version of the national SNAP service. FSP, formerly known as the Food Stamp program provides food benefits to eligible low-income individuals and families.
Replacing Food Stamps the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card looks similar to a bank debit card and works like one as well. FSP is intended to increase the purchasing power of healthy and nutritious foods. It is not meant to provide all necessary food. Recipients will need to spend part of their money on food as well as using community resources including public gardens and food pantries.
FSP benefits can be used to buy most foods from the majority of retail grocers. Hot foods, and foods ready to eat are not allowed. FSP purchasing dollars help people eat healthy nutritious foods to maintain good health. Call the Maryland FSP Hotline 800-332-6347 for immediate help. Visit the website for more information.
Medical and Dental Care for single mothers
If you or your family need medical care but do not have the money there is help. There are free or low-cost medical clinics throughout Maryland. Here are just a few:
Baltimore Highlands-Lansdowne Health Center Baltimore 410-887-1003
Accepts uninsured and underinsured. All income levels welcome and there is no fee or charge. All services are free.
Community Clinic, Inc. – Franklin Park 240-624-227
The clinic accepts clients of any income level. Serving the uninsured, underinsured, insured, Medicare, and Medicaid. No one will be turned away due to inability to pay. English and Spanish spoken.
Three Lower Counties Community Services – Pocomoke 410-957-1852
Have a look at the services listed on the website.
Health Partners Free Clinic Waldorf 301-645-3556
Provides medical and dental care. Accepts uninsured only.
Here you will find a list of free or low-cost medical and dental clinics in Maryland.
Legal Assistance for single mothers
Do you need help getting the benefits you deserve? Are you in the midst of a custody battle? Is your home headed for foreclosure? Then you need professional legal assistance. Maryland Legal Aid can help. A private, non-profit law firm, Maryland Legal Aid provides free legal services to low-income people across the state. The service area includes Baltimore City and Maryland’s 23 counties.
Maryland Legal Aid can help with civil legal problems such as family issues, public benefits, and aid residents of nursing homes and assisted living centers. To find out how Maryland Legal Aid can assist you call 240-314-0373.
Telephone Discount for single mothers
Are you worried you will not be able to afford the latest smart phone? There are individuals, single mothers and families in Maryland that cannot afford even a basic phone. The federal government acknowledges that everyone needs access to a phone. To assist low-income eligible residents of Maryland with having a telephone Lifeline provides customers with a discount on either wireline (landline) or wireless service. Another program called LINK-UP provides a discount on the landline (wired) services and offers a discount on phone installation. The discounts and other savings assists those who otherwise would not have a phone. Read more about the phone discounts or call 800-525-0145 for single mother benefits.
Utility Assistance for single mothers
If you cannot pay your utility bill, there are agencies and programs that can help. The Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) provides qualified low-income customers assistance with home heating bills regardless of the type of heat source. The Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP) assists eligible low-income customers with their electric bills. The Utility Service Protection Program (USPP) protects low-income single mothers from utility cut-offs and allows MEAP eligible households to enter into a year-round even monthly payment program with their utility company. For any of these programs call 800-352-1446 or for the hearing impaired 800-925-4434. Locate your local energy assistance office.
Prescription Assistance for single moms
When money is in short supply people are faced with tough decisions about what to pay and what must wait. Prescriptions go unfilled far too often. If you need help, continue reading,
The Maryland Pharmacy Assistance Program can help low-income people buy prescriptions. The income and asset limits for sevices are higher than Medicaid. 800-226-2142
The Partnership for Prescription Assistance Program helps qualifying single mothers without prescription drug coverage get the medicines they need through the program that is right for them. Many people will get their medications free or nearly free. 888-477-2669
SCBN Prescription Advocacy
This prescription program gives patients a way to connect to over 270 patient assistance programs from one single point of contact. .
The Merck Patient Assistance Program
This private and confidential prescription program provides medicine free of charge to eligible individuals, primarily the uninsured, who cannot afford needed Merck medicines. Visit Merck Helps or call 800-727-5400.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers