Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single mothers assistance in Pennsylvania

Everyone wants to save money and with these resources you can do just that. Services are provided by government and private agencies. As a single mother, you can find help with managing debt, home utilities, rental assistance, legal aid, and much more.

Consumer Credit Counseling Service

Do you need help with managing your money? Are the bills always more than your paycheck? Stop suffering and find a professional credit counselor. There is no point in kicking yourself for past spending. Get your life back on track today. In Pennsylvania look for Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS). A credit counselor can reduce your stress level as you learn how to correct mistakes that lead to being in debt. CCCS offers the following types of assistance.

  • budget counseling
  • debt management program
  • credit report review
  • housing counseling
  • education programs
  • employer assistance programs
  • bankruptcy counseling

Here are CCCS office locations.

Rental Assistance for single mothers

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

When you live from paycheck to paycheck, an illness or sudden expense can put you behind in rent or even bring about eviction.

Get help from the Community Progress Council (CPC). The Rental Assistance Program (RAP) is an emergency housing initiative that works to prevent homelessness. People can apply for financial assistance to pay for a security deposit, the first month of rent, or rent arrears. Households with children may be eligible for additional funds.

Contact the CPC at 717-771-5110 to learn more about rent assistance for single moms.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single parents

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides benefits to low-income individuals and families to purchase food.

Clients use their benefits through an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) ACCESS card. ACCESS is similar to a bank debit card, and the funds can be used to buy most foods. SNAP is not intended to be the sole source of food for the individual or family. It is considered a supplement which means clients will need to utilize food pantries, community gardens and other food assistance programs.

SNAP is the largest program in the U.S. hunger safety net. SNAP is the federal name for the program. State programs may have different names. Locate assistance by county. Find stores that accept ACCESS food benefits near you. Call 800-692-7462 or 800-451-5886 TDD for more information on single mother assistance.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps low-income households with utility bills. The program can help you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Pennsylvania can have severe weather that requires more energy. LIHEAP can assist with your utility bills or provide a one-time crisis service for households in immediate danger of being without heat. Contact your local LIHEAP office or call 866-857-7095.

Unemployment Insurance

Have you lost your job through no fault of your own? The Unemployment Insurance Program provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own.

The program is a joint federal-state service.

Unemployment insurance (UI) benefits provide temporary financial assistance to unemployed workers who meet the requirements of Pennsylvania law. Pennsylvania administers a separate unemployment insurance program within guidelines established by Federal law. More information on Unemployment insurance. Call 800-FED-INFO (800-333-4636) or read online.

Homeless Assistance

Homelessness is real in Pennsylvania. Many people live on the verge of homelessness. All it takes is an unanticipated problem. A medical emergency, transportation issue or being laid off is enough to disrupt housing and cause great stress. The best way to end homelessness is to prevent it. The Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) supports the nationwide commitment to ending homelessness by providing funding opportunities to non-profit organizations and State and local governments to rehouse homeless individuals and families. SNAPS promotes self-sufficiency and utilization of mainstream resources for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. If you are facing homelessness read about assistance. Find local resources. Call 215 656-0500 for more information.

Pennsylvania Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)

Is your home cold in the winter even though your utility bills are sky high? You need to learn about the ways to lower your bill while living more comfortably.

Pennsylvania’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) increases energy efficiency in homes by decreasing energy costs and increasing comfort while safeguarding health and safety. Since WAP began in 1976, the Department of Energy (DOE) has helped improve the lives of more than 7 million families and single moms by reducing their energy bills. WAP serves low-income families free of charge. Both homeowners and renters are eligible for WAP. Tenants need to have written permission from the landlord. You can apply for assistance here. Locate assistance by county. Call 215-448-2160 for additional information.

Sponsored links