Is your home cold and drafty in the winter, sizzling and stifling in the summer? Moreover, your utility bill is more than you can afford? Weatherization can resolve all of these problems.
Weatherization is a program to reduce energy use and lower utility bills. First, the residence is evaluated for energy loss. Then steps are taken to increase energy efficiency that may include insulation in the walls, floor, and attic, replacement of broken windows, weatherstripping and caulking around windows and doors as well as testing of the heating system.
Qualified low-income households and single mothers receive weatherization at no charge. Renters and homeowners are both eligible for weatherization however, for renters the landlord’s permission for changes may be necessary.
On Washington Weatherization Day 2015 the program was extended to help reduce chronic conditions such as asthma. Weatherization Plus Health is the name of the new service that cleans and seals ductwork, air infiltration and evaluation of heating system. Learn about weatherization for your home.
Every person needs a phone. While it seems most people have the latest and greatest version of the smartphone, there are some who cannot afford even a basic landline telephone. To help ensure phone service is affordable to all there is a federally funded program called Lifeline. The Lifeline program offers a discount of $9.25 per month on telephone service fees for low-income individuals and families. Both landline and wireless are acceptable for the discount. To apply contact your local phone company or carrier. You may also call 888-641-8722 or the FCC at 888-CALL-FCC for info on single mother benefits.
The Link-Up program will continue on Tribal lands only.
Link-Up provides fifty-percent of the installation charges for persons who have never had telephone service.
Food Assistance for single moms
America has been called the ‘Land of Plenty’ and yet there are still people who do not have enough nutritious food to eat. It is not necessary to have no food at all before applying for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP is a federally funded program to help provide healthy food to eligible low-income residents. SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps, uses an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card to distribute food benefits.
SNAP provides single mom assistance with purchasing healthy foods, however, it is only a supplement and other sources of food should be pursued including community gardens and local food pantries. For additional information find the SNAP office nearest or go here If you need food immediately contact the Washington SNAP emergency Hotline Number 877-501-2233.
Utility Assistance for single mothers
-Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Are you behind on payments to your utility company? Have you received a disconnect notice? Even if you cannot pay your bill, it is vital you maintain communication with your power company. Let the utility know why you are behind, or will be unable to pay. If you have suffered an emergency such as an accident or if you have lost your job the utility company may be able to help you with an emergency assistance plan.
LIHEAP is designed to assist single moms, families and individuals with keeping their utilities on, especially for the most vulnerable, such as the elderly, persons with disabilities, and households with young children. It is possible LIHEAP may also be able to repair or replace a non-working or unsafe heating system.
-The Auburn Food Bank provides more than food, they also can help with utility bills. See what services are available from the Auburn Food Bank.
Foreclosure Prevention Assistance for single parents
Are you facing foreclosure on your home? Have you received a foreclosure notice or been served with eviction? At such a stressful time you need accurate legal information. If you are not ready to speak with an attorney you can find out more about your rights and responsibilities in a foreclosure. Legal self-help is available
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers