Housing Assistance for single mothers
Do you or your family need help finding housing? Are you at risk of becoming homeless? For single mothers eligible for assistance there are agencies that provide services to help keep people in their homes. Information is available regarding qualifications for public housing and how to apply. Learn more about options for staying in your current home or finding a safe and healthy alternative.
New York City Housing Authority of Queens 718-707-7771
Eligible low-income individuals and families find assistance with finding safe housing. The staff can provide information and aid those applying for rental assistance, Section 8, and other housing programs.
Family Eviction Prevention Supplement 212-776-2000
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Rental assistance for up to five years to families receiving public assistance. The program can also assist with rental arrears up to $7,000. Learn more about how to avoid eviction.
New Destiny Housing 646-472-0262
Visit the website for a variety of housing resources.
Food assistance for single mothers
Every day there are people who would go without eating if not for the assistance of dedicated organizations that provide food through pantries and kitchens.
- Hunger Solutions New York
Hunger Solutions is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to alleviating hunger. Visit the website to discover options for free food. Call for more information 518-436-8757 or 800-865-5542.
- Food Program Locater : Search for food near you.
- Food Bank of New York City 212-566-7855
- New York City Coalition Against Hunger
To locate the nearest food resource search the city at this web page or call 212-825-0028.
- Council of Jewish Organizations of Staten Island 718-720-4047
The pantry will serve people in need regardless of religion. Fruits, vegetables, frozen foods, and more may be available. Call to make an appointment.
- BronxWorks Heights Senior Center 718-299-0301
The center provides a bag of groceries to clients and seniors who are at-risk for hunger and malnutrition. The assistance program is available to current Meals on Wheels recipients as well.
Eviction and Foreclosure assistance for single moms
Are you a single mom about to be evicted? Is your family facing foreclosure? When it comes to losing your home you need professional assistance. It is imperative you know your rights and responsibilities. Contact an agency for help.
Eviction Intervention Services 212-308-2210
For rent assistance and eviction prevention.
Neighborhood Housing Services Of North Bronx 718-881-1180
Mortgage, foreclosure and housing assistance.
Law Help NY
Offers legal information and referrals for New Yorkers who cannot afford an attorney. Continue reading to find out more about preventing foreclosure.
Do you have creditors calling you constantly? Are you ready to make a change? If you are tired of being buried in debt, there is a way out. Contact a credit counseling service for professional financial advice. Eligible low-income single mothers can receive help at no charge.
New York City Financial Empowerment Center Brooklyn
Brownsville Multi-Service Family Health Center
Call 311 for an appointment or check for other credit counseling locations in all the boroughs.
There are Financial Empowerment Centers across the city. The credit professionals can help you reduce debt, create a realistic budget and and improve your credit rating. Work one-on-one with a credit counselor to gain control over your finances and your life.
If there is barely enough to pay for the basics, medical care is out of the question. Fortunately, there are organizations that provide free or sliding scale fee medical, dental and other health care services to eligible individuals and families.
It is important that you call before going to a clinic for care. Hours of service may change, and you may need to schedule an appointment for certain procedures.
New York City Free Clinic
The New York City Free Clinic (NYCFC) believes high-quality healthcare is the right of all individuals, families, and communities, and that such care must be provided regardless of socioeconomic or health status. To receive care patients must be at least 18 and uninsured. Call 212-206-5200 to schedule an appointment or visit the website to learn more about NYCFC.
Weill Cornell Community Clinic (WCCC) The WCCC strives to extend healthcare access to low-income and underserved individuals and families, while encouraging the spirit of volunteerism and philanthropy amongst the medical students and faculty. Here you will learn more about the services offered or call 646 -WMC-WCCC (962-9222).
Utility Assistance for single mothers
Are you unable to pay your next utility bill? Have you received a disconnect notice from your power company? If you have no other resources there are organizations that assist eligible low-income individuals and family members
*The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for single moms
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps qualified individuals and families stay safe through programs that assist with heating and cooling costs. Financial assistance service priority is for the elderly, persons with disbilities, and families with children. Discover more regarding LIHEAP. 202-429-8855
* The One Shot Program
The One Shot Program is emergency assistance that will be provided one time only. Eligible low-income individuals and families receive help paying their utility bill. 718-557-1399
* Catholic Charities assistance for single parents
Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) provide services to people in need. There are programs to work with families and individuals for short term financial assistance bills, including utility services. Once the crisis is averted counselors work with the recipients to strengthen their financial foundation and avoid the same situation in the future. Call 703-549-1390 for a location near you or explore the website for Catholic Charities.