Utility Assistance for single moms
Are you a single mom behind on the utility bill? Have you received a disconnect notice for your heat? There is help for eligible households through public and private organizations. Contact your local utility company regarding assistance programs or find help from the resources below.
- The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) provides assistance for heating costs, electric costs, and energy crisis situations. Most types of fuel are eligible to receive assitance – wood, propane, natural gas, fuel oil or electricity. The funding pays a portion of the heating costs, but the payment is not intended to cover the entire cost of heating a residence.
WHEAP assistance is a one-time payment during the heating season that runs from October 1-May 15. The amount of the energy assistance benefit varies depending on a variety of factors, including the household’s size, income, and energy costs. WHEAP emergency heating system assistance can provide services to eligible homeowners if the furnace or boiler stops operating during the heating season. Heating system assistance includes payment for repairs, or in some situations your residence may qualify for a total replacement of a non-operating furnace or boiler. Call the local energy assistance office immediately if you are experiencing a no heat situation.
For additional information about the program call 866-HEATWIS (432-8947) or visit the website to find the nearest energy assistance agency.
Is your financial life as a single mother spiraling out of control? A credit counselor can help you learn how to budget and spend money wisely. Debt consolidation may be a possibility. It is time to get your life on track by learning from your mistakes and planning for the future with a credit counselor. Struggling with mounting debt can be very stressful. Wisconsin Bankruptcy Law can help with all of your credit problems. Qualified individuals and families can talk to a local attorney and have the case reviewed. Start the process by filling out a form on this page.
Telephone Discount for single parents
Contrary to what the advertisers want consumers to believe not everyone has the latest super smartphone. In fact, there are people who cannot afford even a basic telephone. A phone is necessary for work, school, appointments, safety and daily life. Because a phone is a necessity, there is a federally funded program called Lifeline that offers eligible households a discount of $9.25 per month of wireless or landline phone service. Only one discount per household is allowed. To apply contact your local telephone service or learn more here on single mom grants.
Food Assistance for single mothers
Hunger is real in Wisconsin. Every day there are children and adults who do not have enough to eat. Fortunately, there are private groups and public agencies that can help low-income individuals and families with obtaining healthy food. Food Share Wisconsin is the state version of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). People with the program receive aid through the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. The EBT card is similar in appearance to a debit card and works the same as well.
Each month, people across Wisconsin get help from Food Share. They are people of all ages who have a job but have low incomes, are living on small or fixed income, have lost their job, retired or have disabilities and not able to work.
Continue reading at the website to learn more about the Food Share program and how to apply for help.
If you need food immediately call the state hotline at 800-362-3002 for single mom financial assistance.
Medical and Dental Free Clinics
When you pay the bills every month is there no money left for medical care? Have you been putting off a needed medical appointment because you do not have the funds? There are free and sliding scale fee clinics and medical staff that are dedicated to helping those who cannot afford health care.
AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin – Appleton
Serving the uninsured, underisured, insured, Medicare and Medicaid. Financial assistance is available for eligible persons. Medical services and Specialists.
NorthLakes Community Clinic Ashland – Dental and Behavorial Health Clinic
Sliding scale fee based on income. Social services, counseling, mental health and dental care. Learn how the clinic can assist you.
City on a Hill Health Clinic
Find out what services are available at the clinic.
Prescription Medication Assistance
The Wisconsin Drug Card is a free Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) available to single mothers who lives in Wisconsin. The Drug Card provides discounts on brand and generic medications. All drugs are eligible for the discount.
With the Wisconsin Rx card there are
* no enrollment forms
* no age requirements
* no income limitations
* no waiting periods
* no exclusions
* no claims to file
* no annual or lifetime limits
* no personal information required to receive a Rx card.
Call 414-215-9432 to learn more about the Rx card.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers