If you have been looking at ways to apply for financial help in order to help secure a happy and healthy life for your children, then grants might be your answer. This page will walk you through some of the grants and resources available for single mothers living in Kansas.
The Kansas WIC program aims to assist pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their children by providing them with basic healthcare and food assistance services. The WIC program’s benefits are based on income and work requirements, but you may get in touch with the Nutrition and WIC Services Section at 800-332-6262 to see if you are eligible for benefits.
The Kansas Department of Children and Families administers the Child Care Subsidy Program, an assistance grant available to families on a limited income that need to provide for their children. If you need help paying for your child care costs, call the DCF Office at 1-888-369-4777 to apply.
Head Start is a federally-funded child care assistance program which is administered by the Kansas Head Stat Association. You may get in touch with them by calling the office at 785-856-3132 if you have any queries about the program or if you would like to apply for assistance.
If you find yourself unemployed through causes that are not your own fault you may be able to claim unemployment insurance until you find another source of income. Should you wish to apply for UI benefits, you may contact the Unemployment Contact Center at 800-292-6333.
Undergraduate students who have a financial need and would otherwise not be able to complete their studies may be eligible to receive a Kansas Comprehensive Grant. These educational grants are administered by the Department of Education and can range from $50 to $1,500 on an annual basis. To apply for benefits, you can get in touch with the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 785-532-6420.
The Kansas Department of Children and Families administers the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The program is also known as “Food Stamps” and provides families on a limited income with access to nutritious food supplies. You may call the Customer Service Office at 1-888-369-4777 should you wish to apply for Food Assistance.
Employment services and support services are offered via the Kansas Successful Families Program. Single mothers with minor children that meet income requirements may be eligible to receive benefits such as cash assistance. To find out more about eligibility requirements and to apply for help, call the Assistance Hotline at 1-888-369-4777.
The State of Kansas administers the federal Medicaid healthcare assistance program under the name of KanCare. Single mothers may apply to get their families covered for medical and dental care services by calling the KanCare Clearing House at 1-800-792-4884.
LIEAP is the federally-funded energy assistance program for which eligible low-income Kansas households may apply if they meet income requirements. You may be able to get help with paying your energy and utilities through the LIEAP program. To see if you qualify for benefits, get in touch with the Department of Children and Families’ Energy Assistance Division at 1-866-652-0715.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers as well as Subsidized Apartments are all part of the HUD’s effort to help end homelessness in the State of Kansas. Single mothers may apply for subsidized housing assistance by calling the Public and Indian Housing Information Resource Center at 800-955-2232.
We hope that this page has provided single mothers living in Kansas with enough information to help them apply for grants that will provide their family with healthy, happy living environments.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers