Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Kansas

If you have been looking at ways to apply for financial help in order to help secure a happy and healthy life for your children, then grants might be your answer. This page will walk you through some of the grants and resources available for single mothers living in Kansas.

Women, Infants, and Children

The Kansas WIC program aims to assist pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their children by providing them with basic healthcare and food assistance services. The WIC program’s benefits are based on income and work requirements, but you may get in touch with the Nutrition and WIC Services Section at 800-332-6262 to see if you are eligible for benefits.

Child Care Subsidy Program

The Kansas Department of Children and Families administers the Child Care Subsidy Program, an assistance grant available to families on a limited income that need to provide for their children. If you need help paying for your child care costs, call the DCF Office at 1-888-369-4777 to apply.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Head Start

Head Start is a federally-funded child care assistance program which is administered by the Kansas Head Stat Association. You may get in touch with them by calling the office at 785-856-3132 if you have any queries about the program or if you would like to apply for assistance.

Unemployment Insurance for single mothers

If you find yourself unemployed through causes that are not your own fault you may be able to claim unemployment insurance until you find another source of income. Should you wish to apply for UI benefits, you may contact the Unemployment Contact Center at 800-292-6333.

Kansas Comprehensive Grant

Undergraduate students who have a financial need and would otherwise not be able to complete their studies may be eligible to receive a Kansas Comprehensive Grant. These educational grants are administered by the Department of Education and can range from $50 to $1,500 on an annual basis. To apply for benefits, you can get in touch with the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 785-532-6420.

Food Assistance & Nutrition Program

The Kansas Department of Children and Families administers the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The program is also known as “Food Stamps” and provides families on a limited income with access to nutritious food supplies. You may call the Customer Service Office at 1-888-369-4777 should you wish to apply for Food Assistance.

Successful Families Program

Employment services and support services are offered via the Kansas Successful Families Program. Single mothers with minor children that meet income requirements may be eligible to receive benefits such as cash assistance. To find out more about eligibility requirements and to apply for help, call the Assistance Hotline at 1-888-369-4777.


The State of Kansas administers the federal Medicaid healthcare assistance program under the name of KanCare. Single mothers may apply to get their families covered for medical and dental care services by calling the KanCare Clearing House at 1-800-792-4884.

Low Income Energy Assistance Program

LIEAP is the federally-funded energy assistance program for which eligible low-income Kansas households may apply if they meet income requirements. You may be able to get help with paying your energy and utilities through the LIEAP program. To see if you qualify for benefits, get in touch with the Department of Children and Families’ Energy Assistance Division at 1-866-652-0715.

Kansas Subsidized Housing for single mothers

Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers as well as Subsidized Apartments are all part of the HUD’s effort to help end homelessness in the State of Kansas. Single mothers may apply for subsidized housing assistance by calling the Public and Indian Housing Information Resource Center at 800-955-2232.

We hope that this page has provided single mothers living in Kansas with enough information to help them apply for grants that will provide their family with healthy, happy living environments.

Sponsored links