Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Alaska

Living as a single mother is a full-time job in itself. Take advantage of the assistance that is given to you by the federal U.S. government and the Alaskan state government.

AlaskAdvantage Education Grant (AEG)

The state of Alaska provides the AlaskAdvantage Education Grant (AEG) based on individual need. The amount varies from $500 to $3,000 for each year of attendance. Funds are limited and given out in order of need.

To see if you qualify, apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Contact your school’s financial aid office for more information.

Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Alaska’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program is designed to help unemployed single mothers. If you are unemployed or working part time, file for benefits online.

Contact the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development for further assistance. Call the Alaska Job Center Network toll-free at (877) 724-2539 or look for the closest center to you.

Heating Assistance (HAP) Program

The Heating Assistance Program (HAP) helps families who meet federal poverty income requirements. Starting October 1, apply at the closest Department of Public Assistance office, at a WIC office, or on the Alaska state government website.

Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) should help you with your needs. For questions about eligibility or assistance with your application, contact 1-800-470-3058 or

Parents Achieving Self Sufficiency (PASS)

Alaska has a Child Care Assistance Program known as PASS or Parents Achieving Self Sufficiency. Eligible single mothers must be employed or enrolled in school.

Contact the DHSS office online or you can contact a Child Care Program Office (CCPO) at or 1-888-268-4632.

Denali KidCare – Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

To receive healthcare for your child, learn more about Denali KidCare, which is the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) in Alaska. View your income requirements and apply online.

Learn more about healthcare by contacting your local public assistance or DHSS office.

Temporary Assistance Program (ATAP) for single mothers

Alaska Temporary Assistance Program (ATAP) gives temporary cash to mothers of eligible families. Review the eligibility requirements and funding limitations online. Download the application online and fax or mail it to a public assistance office near you.

On the DHSS site, find more information about state-funded assistance programs.

SNAP (FOOD STAMPS) for single mothers

SNAP (also known as food stamps or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is provided to low-income residents in Alaska. Learn more about the program, see if you qualify and/or apply online. A SNAP specialist can be reached at (844) 222-3119 or

General Relief Assistance (GRA)

General Relief Assistance (GRA) assists you with all of your basic necessities, such as food, shelter and even burials. Eligibility is based on income, age, residency and level of need. Download an application online or contact your local district office.

DHSS has links to offices that connect you to financial assistance programs.


Medicaid is a federal healthcare program available through the Division of Public Assistance. Find out if you are eligible by calling (907) 644-6800 or 1-800-770-5650. Call (907) 465-3347 to ask more about the program.

Contact a DHSS office near you for assistance. Email to make an appointment to receive Medicaid.

Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD)

The Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) is an annual payment related to Alaska’s mineral profits. Receive an annual dividend based on the amounts of your mineral royalties. See if you are eligible on the Alaska Department of Revenue PFD website.

Whether you are working or in school, look for a few helping hands as a single mother. The state of Alaska has all of necessary resources for you and your family to survive and thrive.

Sponsored links