This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Arkansas

Sponsored links

Arkansas is a place of opportunities that does not leave out low-income people. Review a list of programs available to single mothers who qualify as low-income.

Single Parent Scholarship

A Single Parent Scholarship is available to single mothers. You may or may not be eligible for the scholarship. On the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund website, locate the county where you live and submit an application to the county office.

Higher Education Opportunities Grant (GO! Grant)

The Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) offers the Higher Education Opportunities Grant (GO! Grant) to low-income students. Review your eligibility requirements based on residency and enrollment status. Apply by June 1.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

To learn more about grants, call the ADHE financial aid office at (800) 54STUDY or (501) 371-2050 or contact them via online form.

Unemployment Insurance (UI)

The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services (DWS) has Unemployment Insurance (UI) for unemployed, single mothers. On the DWS website, file for a claim, check your eligibility and check the claim status.

Call (501) 907-2590 or (866) 392-7284 for unemployment claim assistance.


The Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) has Child Care Assistance programs for single mothers. There are eligibility requirements listed on the DHS site and a downloadable application online. To receive funds, you have to be contacted by a Program Eligibility Specialist. If not, you will be placed on the waiting list.

Reach the DHS office in Arkansas at (501) 682-1001 or send an email through an online form. Reach the Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education by phone at (501) 682-8590 or by fax at (501) 682-2317.

ARKids First

ARKids First has Medicaid programs for children of low-income single mothers. Know if you qualify to receive benefits. Apply online or submit an application to the DHS office closest to you.

Ask for more information on the ARKids First site. Call toll free at 1-888-474-8275.


Arkansas has Medicaid programs for low-income families, including ARKids First. Review all of the possible benefits you could receive. Apply online, download an application or call 1-888-474-8275 to order one. You can also view a listing of Arkansas Department of Human Services county offices near you.

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a program for single women and very young children. This program provides nutrition and breastfeeding advice for mothers and their families.

Call the WIC office in Little Rock at (501) 661-2508. Contact the Arkansas DHS office at (501) 661-2000 or (800) 462-0599.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is provided to low-income Arkansas residents. See if you and your family can receive benefits based mainly on income. Fill out an online application or mail it to your local DHS county office.

Contact 1-800-482-8988 or visit your DHS office in person.


DWS has a Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) program for temporary cash assistance to single mothers or pregnant women. There is also the Arkansas Work Pays program for TEA recipients. Call DWS at 1-855-225-4440 or 501-682-2121 or email ADWS.Info@arkansas.gov.

Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)

Arkansas has a Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) to help you pay monthly utility bills. Not every household qualifies for the program. Apply online or download an application. Learn more about HEAP on the DHS website or contact your local Community Action Agency.

Choose from several assistance programs and grants if you are a low income single mother in Arkansas. Applying for a grant is not guaranteed, but you should consider all of the options available.

++ Also read