Arkansas is a place of opportunities that does not leave out low-income people. Review a list of programs available to single mothers who qualify as low-income.
Single Parent Scholarship
A Single Parent Scholarship is available to single mothers. You may or may not be eligible for the scholarship. On the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund website, locate the county where you live and submit an application to the county office.
Higher Education Opportunities Grant (GO! Grant)
The Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) offers the Higher Education Opportunities Grant (GO! Grant) to low-income students. Review your eligibility requirements based on residency and enrollment status. Apply by June 1.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
To learn more about grants, call the ADHE financial aid office at (800) 54STUDY or (501) 371-2050 or contact them via online form.
Unemployment Insurance (UI)
The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services (DWS) has Unemployment Insurance (UI) for unemployed, single mothers. On the DWS website, file for a claim, check your eligibility and check the claim status.
Call (501) 907-2590 or (866) 392-7284 for unemployment claim assistance.
CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (CCAP)
The Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) has Child Care Assistance programs for single mothers. There are eligibility requirements listed on the DHS site and a downloadable application online. To receive funds, you have to be contacted by a Program Eligibility Specialist. If not, you will be placed on the waiting list.
Reach the DHS office in Arkansas at (501) 682-1001 or send an email through an online form. Reach the Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education by phone at (501) 682-8590 or by fax at (501) 682-2317.
ARKids First has Medicaid programs for children of low-income single mothers. Know if you qualify to receive benefits. Apply online or submit an application to the DHS office closest to you.
Ask for more information on the ARKids First site. Call toll free at 1-888-474-8275.
Arkansas has Medicaid programs for low-income families, including ARKids First. Review all of the possible benefits you could receive. Apply online, download an application or call 1-888-474-8275 to order one. You can also view a listing of Arkansas Department of Human Services county offices near you.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a program for single women and very young children. This program provides nutrition and breastfeeding advice for mothers and their families.
Call the WIC office in Little Rock at (501) 661-2508. Contact the Arkansas DHS office at (501) 661-2000 or (800) 462-0599.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is provided to low-income Arkansas residents. See if you and your family can receive benefits based mainly on income. Fill out an online application or mail it to your local DHS county office.
Contact 1-800-482-8988 or visit your DHS office in person.
TRANSITIONAL EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE (TEA)
DWS has a Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) program for temporary cash assistance to single mothers or pregnant women. There is also the Arkansas Work Pays program for TEA recipients. Call DWS at 1-855-225-4440 or 501-682-2121 or email ADWS.Info@arkansas.gov.
Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
Arkansas has a Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) to help you pay monthly utility bills. Not every household qualifies for the program. Apply online or download an application. Learn more about HEAP on the DHS website or contact your local Community Action Agency.
Choose from several assistance programs and grants if you are a low income single mother in Arkansas. Applying for a grant is not guaranteed, but you should consider all of the options available.