This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Delaware

Sponsored links

Delaware has never turned its back on low-income families. Single mothers can find comfort in knowing that many programs are willing to take care of them and their children.

Delaware Workforce Individual Training Account (ITA)

The Delaware Department of Labor has Individual Training Account (ITA) grants to help unemployed or underemployed single mothers. This free money helps you to obtain a good education and improve your employment chances. Current skills, education and work experience are considered in your application.

Call or visit a Dept. of Labor Division of Employment and Training center near you and take the steps to apply. Contact the Delaware Workforce Development Board for general questions at dwib@state.de.us.

Unemployment Insurance (UI) for single mothers

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The state’s Division of Unemployment Insurance has benefits for the recently and long-term unemployed. File your claim for Unemployment Insurance (UI) on the Delaware Works website.

People living in New Castle County should call (302) 761-6576, and those living in Kent or Sussex County should call (800) 794-3032.

Section 8 Program for single mothers

Section 8 housing vouchers are given to individuals and families in need. Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) has hundreds of vouchers for people living in the Kent and Sussex Counties. Find a list of available housing units online or call 1-877-428-8844. Apply using the online application, download one from the DSHA website, or call an office near you. The public information office is available at (302) 739-4263.

Head Start

Delaware Head Start is a federal program that helps low-income children from birth to 5 years of age. View the poverty level requirements on the Department of Education website.

Find the closest Head Start program to you and call or visit the site to apply.

Child Care Subsidy

The Division of Social Services (DSS) provides subsidies to help you pay for child care. Age, income limits and financial needs are considered to determine eligibility.

Through DSS, apply for benefits on the ASSIST website. Reach out to the DSS office in your county. Also, find the right child care provider by calling 1-800-220-3092.

Delaware Healthy Children Program (DHCP)

The Delaware Healthy Children Program (DHCP) has healthcare options for children of low-income families. Call 1-800-996-9969 to request an application or print one from the DHCP site and mail it to the New Castle office. You can apply online through the ASSIST site.


Delaware has a Medicaid program for eligible, low-income residents. Learn more about Medicaid programs and services. Then, apply online through the ASSIST website. Call (302) 571-4900 or (800) 464-4357 for Medicaid customer service.

Food Supplement Program (FSP)

DSS has a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also called Food Supplement Program (FSP). Apply through ASSIST. The SNAP hotline is available at (800) 221-5689 or 1-800-372-2022.

Delaware Energy Assistance Program (DEAP) for single mothers

The Delaware Energy Assistance Program (DEAP) has options for low-income households. There is the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) that determines eligibility based on income levels. Apply for this program by calling the National Energy Assistance Referral Hotline at 1-866-674-6327. Contact Catholic Charities in your county to receive more information on how to apply.

TANF  cash assistance for single mothers

DSS has temporary cash assistance for needy individuals and families. The two main programs are General Assistance and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Download a TANF application online and mail it to the closest DSS office.

Delaware has the resources to help single mothers along with their children and relatives. Research each company and organization to find out if you qualify and start the application process.

++ Also read