Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Hawaii

Single mothers living in Hawaii may be eligible to receive assistance form a range of organizations that aim to provide relief for residents on a limited income. Here are some of your options…

Child Care Connection Hawaii

CCH is a child care subsidy program that operates on a sliding scale basis, based on an applicant’s income. You may apply for benefit if you need help with paying for child care expenses such as housing, education, food, and legal matters. Call the office at 808-586-4993 to see if you are eligible for aid.

Women, Infants and Children

WIC is a special nutritional program designed to provide relief to pregnant women, single mothers, and children. The federally-funded program provides nutritional education as well as food supplies to women and children in need. You may apply for WIC benefits by calling the office at 888-820-6425.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers


Managed health care plans are available to low-income women and their children through the State of Hawaii’s Med-QUEST healthcare assistance plan. You can apply for Med-QUEST benefits by calling the Intake Line at 1-877-628-5076.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

As a federally-funded initiative, the SNAP assistance program provides needy families and individuals with access to nutritious foods. Also known as “food stamps”, the program is administered locally by the Hawaii Department of Human Services. To apply for food stamp benefits, call the processing office at 808-984-8300.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program

TANF is a federally-funded assistance program that provides eligible low-income families with temporary cash loans so that they may acquire or pay for basic needs such as food, housing, and child care. To learn more about the program’s requirements of to apply for benefits, you may get in touch with the office at 855-643-1643.

Head Start

Hawaii’s Head Start Program can offer single mothers an opportunity to provide their children with either school-based or home-based childhood education. Head Start is a federal initiative, but you may call the HCAP Head Start office at 808-200-7690 to apply for assistance.

Unemployment Insurance

UI is available to single mothers through the Equal Opportunity Program, provided by the Hawaii Department of Labor. Should you wish to claim unemployment benefits, you can contact the office at 808-586-8844.


The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program can help mothers on a limited income with the cost of their home heating and cooling. The program consists of Energy Crisis Intervention and Energy Credit, both of which offer assistance with utility bill payments. To see if your household is eligible to receive LIHEAP discount, call the Energy Department at 808-586-5734.

Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs

GEAR UP is an education assistance program which is funded on a federal level. The program helps children get ready for school and postsecondary education. It is administered locally by the Hawaii Department of Education and is available to middle-and-high school students. To apply for GEAR UP, call the office at 808-956-3879.

Down-payment Assistance Program

There are several organizations in Hawaii that aim to provide relief to low-income families, including single mothers, that need help with the down payment on their homes. To apply for down-payment assistance or financial counseling help, you may get in touch with any one of the following organizations:

Alu Like, Inc.                                                                           808-524-1244

Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Hawaii                       808-532-3225

Hawaiian Homes Commission                                       808-620-9220

Hawaiian Community Assets                                                     808-587-7886

Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation 808-587-0620

Legal Aid Society of Hawaii                                                      808-536-4302

Nanakuli Housing Corporation                                      808-842-0770

We hope that this page has helped single mothers living in Hawaii to realize where and how they might be able to apply for help with their expenses.

Sponsored links