Single mothers living in Hawaii may be eligible to receive assistance form a range of organizations that aim to provide relief for residents on a limited income. Here are some of your options…
CCH is a child care subsidy program that operates on a sliding scale basis, based on an applicant’s income. You may apply for benefit if you need help with paying for child care expenses such as housing, education, food, and legal matters. Call the office at 808-586-4993 to see if you are eligible for aid.
WIC is a special nutritional program designed to provide relief to pregnant women, single mothers, and children. The federally-funded program provides nutritional education as well as food supplies to women and children in need. You may apply for WIC benefits by calling the office at 888-820-6425.
Managed health care plans are available to low-income women and their children through the State of Hawaii’s Med-QUEST healthcare assistance plan. You can apply for Med-QUEST benefits by calling the Intake Line at 1-877-628-5076.
As a federally-funded initiative, the SNAP assistance program provides needy families and individuals with access to nutritious foods. Also known as “food stamps”, the program is administered locally by the Hawaii Department of Human Services. To apply for food stamp benefits, call the processing office at 808-984-8300.
TANF is a federally-funded assistance program that provides eligible low-income families with temporary cash loans so that they may acquire or pay for basic needs such as food, housing, and child care. To learn more about the program’s requirements of to apply for benefits, you may get in touch with the office at 855-643-1643.
Hawaii’s Head Start Program can offer single mothers an opportunity to provide their children with either school-based or home-based childhood education. Head Start is a federal initiative, but you may call the HCAP Head Start office at 808-200-7690 to apply for assistance.
UI is available to single mothers through the Equal Opportunity Program, provided by the Hawaii Department of Labor. Should you wish to claim unemployment benefits, you can contact the office at 808-586-8844.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program can help mothers on a limited income with the cost of their home heating and cooling. The program consists of Energy Crisis Intervention and Energy Credit, both of which offer assistance with utility bill payments. To see if your household is eligible to receive LIHEAP discount, call the Energy Department at 808-586-5734.
GEAR UP is an education assistance program which is funded on a federal level. The program helps children get ready for school and postsecondary education. It is administered locally by the Hawaii Department of Education and is available to middle-and-high school students. To apply for GEAR UP, call the office at 808-956-3879.
There are several organizations in Hawaii that aim to provide relief to low-income families, including single mothers, that need help with the down payment on their homes. To apply for down-payment assistance or financial counseling help, you may get in touch with any one of the following organizations:
Alu Like, Inc. 808-524-1244
Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Hawaii 808-532-3225
Hawaiian Homes Commission 808-620-9220
Hawaiian Community Assets 808-587-7886
Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation 808-587-0620
Legal Aid Society of Hawaii 808-536-4302
Nanakuli Housing Corporation 808-842-0770
We hope that this page has helped single mothers living in Hawaii to realize where and how they might be able to apply for help with their expenses.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers