Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Illinois

If you are a single mother living in Illinois and have been looking at ways to apply for assistance with your expenses, this page will navigate you to finding suitable programs and grants in your area.

Illinois All Kids

Illinois’ All Kids program is a children’s health insurance program. The program caters to an extensive array of medical and dental needs related to children. You may apply to get your children covered by calling the All Kids Hotline at 1-866-255-5437.

Family Care

Family Care is another healthcare assistance program available to single mothers. The program caters to the medical and dental needs of families with children up to the age of 18. You may apply for medical benefits for your family by contacting the DHS Customer Helpline at 800-843-6154.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers


Medicaid is a low-income healthcare assistance program that provides access to quality, affordable medical and dental care services. Assistance is provided by the Illinois Department of Health Care and Family Services, and as such, you can call them at 217-782-2570 if you would like to apply for coverage.

Women, Infants, and Children

As a food assistance program, WIC caters to the nutritional needs of pregnant women, single mothers, and their children. To become a WIC participant, you may apply for benefits at your nearest Department of Human Services office, or call the State WIC Office at 217-782-2166.

Head Start

The National Head Start Association provides educational assistance programs that can help low-income families ensure that their children receive quality child care. To see if you are eligible for Head Start benefits, call the NHSA office at 703-739-0875.

Child Care Assistance Program

The Illinois Department of Human Services offers a Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) that can help families pay for the cost of their children’s child care costs. The program is based on a sliding scale model, and as such, benefits are determined by income and family size. To apply for child care assistance, call the CCR&R Hotline at 1-877-202-4453.

Summer Food Service Program

The United Stated Department of Agriculture funds the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), and it is a program that aims to provide children with nutritious foods during the summer school holiday months. You may apply for benefits by contacting the State Board of Education at 217-782-2491.

Monetary Award Program

Students that need financial help to complete their education might be eligible for grant assistance, provided by the Monetary Award Program (MAP). You may get in touch with the Illinois Student Assistance Commission at 800-899-4722 to see if your children are eligible for these grants.


The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program can help single mothers living in Illinois with the payment of their utility bills. You may also be eligible for a time-based cash grant if you meet program requirements, as well as the option of transitional services. To apply for TANF benefits, call the DHS Help Line at 1-800-843-6154.

As you can see, there are various grants available to single mothers living in Illinois.

Sponsored links