If you are a single mother living in Illinois and have been looking at ways to apply for assistance with your expenses, this page will navigate you to finding suitable programs and grants in your area.
Illinois’ All Kids program is a children’s health insurance program. The program caters to an extensive array of medical and dental needs related to children. You may apply to get your children covered by calling the All Kids Hotline at 1-866-255-5437.
Family Care is another healthcare assistance program available to single mothers. The program caters to the medical and dental needs of families with children up to the age of 18. You may apply for medical benefits for your family by contacting the DHS Customer Helpline at 800-843-6154.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Medicaid is a low-income healthcare assistance program that provides access to quality, affordable medical and dental care services. Assistance is provided by the Illinois Department of Health Care and Family Services, and as such, you can call them at 217-782-2570 if you would like to apply for coverage.
As a food assistance program, WIC caters to the nutritional needs of pregnant women, single mothers, and their children. To become a WIC participant, you may apply for benefits at your nearest Department of Human Services office, or call the State WIC Office at 217-782-2166.
The National Head Start Association provides educational assistance programs that can help low-income families ensure that their children receive quality child care. To see if you are eligible for Head Start benefits, call the NHSA office at 703-739-0875.
The Illinois Department of Human Services offers a Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) that can help families pay for the cost of their children’s child care costs. The program is based on a sliding scale model, and as such, benefits are determined by income and family size. To apply for child care assistance, call the CCR&R Hotline at 1-877-202-4453.
The United Stated Department of Agriculture funds the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), and it is a program that aims to provide children with nutritious foods during the summer school holiday months. You may apply for benefits by contacting the State Board of Education at 217-782-2491.
Students that need financial help to complete their education might be eligible for grant assistance, provided by the Monetary Award Program (MAP). You may get in touch with the Illinois Student Assistance Commission at 800-899-4722 to see if your children are eligible for these grants.
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program can help single mothers living in Illinois with the payment of their utility bills. You may also be eligible for a time-based cash grant if you meet program requirements, as well as the option of transitional services. To apply for TANF benefits, call the DHS Help Line at 1-800-843-6154.
As you can see, there are various grants available to single mothers living in Illinois.