If you are a single mother struggling to pay all of your bills, you’ll be happy to know that there are various grants in place that are able to lend you a helping hand. On this page we’ll highlight some of the grants available to single mothers living in Kentucky.
The WIC program can provide pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their young children with nutritional and basic healthcare assistance services in order to promote healthy lifestyles in the long run. To enroll for the WIC program you can contact the office at 502-564-3827.
Head Start and Early Head Start are child care assistance programs that help promote school readiness in children. These programs are available to children up to the age of 5 years as long as their parent/s meet income and work requirements. you may apply for Head Start or Early Head Start by calling the Family Services Office at 502-782-0200.
Working single mothers may be able to receive subsidized child care assistance from the Child Care Council of Kentucky to help them pay for the costs of child care. Should you wish to enquire about or apply for CCAP, you can call the Child Care Council Office at 1-800-809-7076.
K-TAP is a transitional housing assistance program that aims to end homelessness in the State by helping less-fortunate families secure housing. If you would like to apply for the K-TAP program and feel that you meet income requirements, you can start your application process by contacting the K-TAP Assistance Office at 502-564-7050.
SNAP can help you buy nutritious foods for your family when you do not have the means to do so yourself. The SNAP initiative is funded at a federal level and administered locally by the Department of Children and Family Services, and as such, you may contact them at 1-855-306-8959 to enquire about or apply for benefits.
Single mothers that meet income requirements might be able to get healthcare benefits from the Kentucky Medicaid program. Should you be in need of medical and dental care assistance for you and your children but are not currently covered by any other healthcare plan, you may apply for benefits by calling the Call Center at 1-855-459-6328.
KCHIP is a healthcare assistance program designed specifically to assist low-income families with the medical and dental care cover of their children. Children up to the age of 19 years are covered by this healthcare assistance program at no or low costs to the parents. You may contact the Kids Health Office at 1-855-459-6328 to see if your children qualify for coverage.
As you can see, there are quite a few grants available to single mothers living in Kentucky. We hope that this page has shown you where and how you can apply to get the help you need when you need it most.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers