Grants for Single Mothers in Kentucky

If you are a single mother struggling to pay all of your bills, you’ll be happy to know that there are various grants in place that are able to lend you a helping hand. On this page we’ll highlight some of the grants available to single mothers living in Kentucky.

Women, Infants, and Children

The WIC program can provide pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their young children with nutritional and basic healthcare assistance services in order to promote healthy lifestyles in the long run. To enroll for the WIC program you can contact the office at 502-564-3827.

Sponsored links

Head Start and Early Head Start

Head Start and Early Head Start are child care assistance programs that help promote school readiness in children. These programs are available to children up to the age of 5 years as long as their parent/s meet income and work requirements. you may apply for Head Start or Early Head Start by calling the Family Services Office at 502-782-0200.

Child Care Assistance Program

Working single mothers may be able to receive subsidized child care assistance from the Child Care Council of Kentucky to help them pay for the costs of child care. Should you wish to enquire about or apply for CCAP, you can call the Child Care Council Office at 1-800-809-7076.

Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program

K-TAP is a transitional housing assistance program that aims to end homelessness in the State by helping less-fortunate families secure housing. If you would like to apply for the K-TAP program and feel that you meet income requirements, you can start your application process by contacting the K-TAP Assistance Office at 502-564-7050.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

SNAP can help you buy nutritious foods for your family when you do not have the means to do so yourself. The SNAP initiative is funded at a federal level and administered locally by the Department of Children and Family Services, and as such, you may contact them at 1-855-306-8959 to enquire about or apply for benefits.


Single mothers that meet income requirements might be able to get healthcare benefits from the Kentucky Medicaid program. Should you be in need of medical and dental care assistance for you and your children but are not currently covered by any other healthcare plan, you may apply for benefits by calling the Call Center at 1-855-459-6328.

Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program

KCHIP is a healthcare assistance program designed specifically to assist low-income families with the medical and dental care cover of their children. Children up to the age of 19 years are covered by this healthcare assistance program at no or low costs to the parents. You may contact the Kids Health Office at 1-855-459-6328 to see if your children qualify for coverage.

As you can see, there are quite a few grants available to single mothers living in Kentucky. We hope that this page has shown you where and how you can apply to get the help you need when you need it most.

++ Also read