While most of us know that grants provide relief to those in need, it might not always be as easy to find and apply for these. On this page, we’ll show single mothers who are living in Minnesota how they can apply for grants.
Families with minor children who need help with meeting their basic needs may apply to see if they are eligible to receive cash grants and food assistance from the Minnesota Family Investment Program. MFIP offers benefits to applicants who meet income and work requirements. you may apply for help by calling the Minnesota Department of Human Services’ Office of Children and Family Services at 651-431-3836.
Undergraduate students that are part of a family on a limited income may be eligible for Sate Grants from the Minnesota Department of Higher Education. Applying for the Minnesota State Grant Program can be done online or by calling the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at 651-642-0567.
SNAP is a federal initiative which can provide single mothers living in Minnesota with the means to purchase foods for their families. The program can help you supplement you monthly cost of foods. To apply for SNAP benefits you must contact the Food Support Office at 651-431-4049.
MFAP is another supplemental food assistance program for which single mothers may apply in order to help them feed their families. You can only apply for MFAP if you are aged 50 years and older and do not qualify for SNAP benefits. Call the Food Support Office at 651-431-4049 to see if your family is eligible for assistance.
Minnesota’s Medicaid program is referred to as Medical Assistance (MA), and provides medical and dental care coverage to low-income Minnesotan families that meet program requirements. Should you wish to apply for cover, you can call the Medical Assistance Office at 651-431-2670.
The Department of Human Services’ Division of Children and Families offers a Child Care Assistance Program which provides subsidized child care services to families with minor children that are on a limited income. You can check to see if you qualify for benefits by calling the office at 800-657-3954.
WIC is a nutrition and breastfeeding program which tends to the basic needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their infants and young children. The program can help mothers and their infants stay healthy with its counseling, food supply, and referral services. To enroll for WIC you can call the Minnesota Department of Health at 651-201-5000.
If you need help with paying for the cost of your home heating and cooling or you need a little help with paying your utility bills, then the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) might be able to help you out. You can apply for EAP benefits if you are a low-income family and meet basic program requirements. To start your application process, get in touch with the EAP Hotline at 1-800-657-3710.
These grants should be able to enrich the lives of single mothers and their children living in Minnesota.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers