This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Grants for Single Mothers in Minnesota

Sponsored links

While most of us know that grants provide relief to those in need, it might not always be as easy to find and apply for these. On this page, we’ll show single mothers who are living in Minnesota how they can apply for grants.

Minnesota Family Investment Program

Families with minor children who need help with meeting their basic needs may apply to see if they are eligible to receive cash grants and food assistance from the Minnesota Family Investment Program. MFIP offers benefits to applicants who meet income and work requirements. you may apply for help by calling the Minnesota Department of Human Services’ Office of Children and Family Services at 651-431-3836.

Minnesota State Grant

Undergraduate students that are part of a family on a limited income may be eligible for Sate Grants from the Minnesota Department of Higher Education. Applying for the Minnesota State Grant Program can be done online or by calling the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at 651-642-0567.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

SNAP is a federal initiative which can provide single mothers living in Minnesota with the means to purchase foods for their families. The program can help you supplement you monthly cost of foods. To apply for SNAP benefits you must contact the Food Support Office at 651-431-4049.

Minnesota Food Assistance Program for single mothers

MFAP is another supplemental food assistance program for which single mothers may apply in order to help them feed their families. You can only apply for MFAP if you are aged 50 years and older and do not qualify for SNAP benefits. Call the Food Support Office at 651-431-4049 to see if your family is eligible for assistance.

Medical Assistance for single mothers

Minnesota’s Medicaid program is referred to as Medical Assistance (MA), and provides medical and dental care coverage to low-income Minnesotan families that meet program requirements. Should you wish to apply for cover, you can call the Medical Assistance Office at 651-431-2670.

Child Care Assistance Program for single mothers

The Department of Human Services’ Division of Children and Families offers a Child Care Assistance Program which provides subsidized child care services to families with minor children that are on a limited income. You can check to see if you qualify for benefits by calling the office at 800-657-3954.

Women, Infants, and Children

WIC is a nutrition and breastfeeding program which tends to the basic needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as their infants and young children. The program can help mothers and their infants stay healthy with its counseling, food supply, and referral services. To enroll for WIC you can call the Minnesota Department of Health at 651-201-5000.

Energy Assistance Program for single mothers

If you need help with paying for the cost of your home heating and cooling or you need a little help with paying your utility bills, then the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) might be able to help you out. You can apply for EAP benefits if you are a low-income family and meet basic program requirements. To start your application process, get in touch with the EAP Hotline at 1-800-657-3710.

These grants should be able to enrich the lives of single mothers and their children living in Minnesota.

++ Also read