Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in New Hampshire

Ensuring that all the bills are paid on time and that your children are taken care of isn’t always as easy as it might seem, even more so when you’re a single mother. Luckily there are various State Grants in place to help those in need, and on this page, we’ll be showing single mothers living in New Hampshire where and how they can apply for a little help.

Women, Infants, and Children

The New Hampshire WIC program assists breastfeeding mothers as well as pregnant women and their young children by providing them with referral services, healthcare assistance, and nutritional services. You can become a WIC participant by calling the State WIC Agency at 1-800-942-4321.

Rental Assistance Program

The federally-funded Housing Choice Voucher Program is administered by New Hampshire Housing. The program was designed to assist low-income families and single mothers with their housing needs by providing them with rental assistance. Eligible participants receive co-payment benefits in their rental houses, from the state. To find out if you are eligible for benefits, get in touch with the NHH Office at 1-800-439-7247.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Child Care Scholarship

Child care assistance is available from the New Hampshire Department of Human and Health Services. If you meet income requirements and are employed then you can apply to see if you are eligible to receive benefits. Call the office of Child Support Services at 603-271-4427 to apply or to learn more about the program.

Financial Assistance for Needy Families Program

Funded from the federal TANF block grant, the Financial Assistance for Needy Families (FANF) initiative can help single mother by giving them temporary cash loans with which they can pay for food, housing, and other basic needs. To be eligible for benefits, applicants must meet income and work requirements, but you can contact the Cash Assistance Office at 603-271-9700 to see if you qualify for assistance.

Food Stamp Program

The New Hampshire Food Stamp Program provides low-income families with benefits which can be used to purchase food items at participating retail stores. Depending on your household size and income level, you may be able to benefit from the program. If you would like to apply for assistance you can call the Food Stamp Program Hotline at 603-271-9700.


Single mothers that cannot afford medical and dental care services for their family can check to see whether they qualify for Medicaid benefits. The New Hampshire Medicaid Program caters to families that fall under the low-income bracket. You can apply for benefits by contacting the Medicaid Division of the Department of Health and Human Services at 603-271-4344.

Fuel Assistance Program

The federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is referred to as the Fuel Assistance Program in New Hampshire. FAP can help single mothers with the payment of their utility bills and it can also provide them with weatherization services to assist with the reduction of their home energy costs. Applying for FAP benefits requires prospective applicants to get in touch with the FAP Office at 603-271-2685.

Head Start

If you cannot afford quality child care services for your children and would like to apply for assistance, then perhaps you should consider the federal Head Start program. Head Start is a child care program that ensures that children are prepped for school and that they receive proper nutrition and educational services. To see how the program can benefit you and your family, call the Department of Health and Human Services at 603-271-4451.

Electric Assistance Program

Single mothers can apply to see if they are eligible for utility bill discounts provided by the Electric Assistance Program (EAP). You can get in touch with the Office of Energy and Planning at 603-271-2155 to learn more about the program or to start your application process.

We hope that this page has guided single mothers living in New Hampshire towards finding assistance grants that may provide them with a helping hand when the need arises.

Sponsored links