If you have been looking at ways to apply for assistance with your bills as a single mother, you might have noticed that it can be hard to find the right information and contact details for these programs. Luckily, this page has been compiled to assist single mothers living in New Mexico with finding grants that are suitable to their needs.
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program can help single mothers that need short-term cash assistance. Benefits granted can be used to purchase foods, pay for childcare and housing, and other basic needs. You can get in touch with the DHS Help Center by calling them at 800-432-6217, should you wish to learn more or apply for TANF benefits.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is another initiative which is administered by the Department of Human Services, in an aim to assist low-income families with their basic needs. SNAP provides participants with electronic benefits that can be used to “pay” for foods at selected retail stores. Call the DHS Help Center at 800-432-6217 to see if you are eligible for SNAP benefits.
If you are not currently on a health insurance program and would like to get your family covered for low-cost medical and dental care services, you can check to see if you qualify for Medicaid. As a federal program, Medicaid covers a wide range of healthcare services, but you can learn more about the benefits by contacting the Medicaid Call Center at 1-888-997-2583.
If you do not meet income requirements for the Medicaid program and would still like to get your children covered with health insurance, you can consider the MexiKids & MexiTeens programs. Administered under the federal CHIP block grant, these programs cater to the healthcare needs of children and teenagers. Call the Medicaid & CHIP Offices at 1-855-637-6574 to apply for benefits or to learn more about the programs.
Single mothers on a limited income can apply for subsidized child care (the Child Care Assistance Program) from the Child Care Services Bureau. If you need help with paying the cost of your childcare services, you can check to see if you qualify for assistance by calling Early Childhood Services at 505-827-7499.
The New Mexico Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program can help needy families with minor children by providing them with utility bill payment assistance and weatherization programs, in order to help them save on the cost of their home heating and cooling. You can call the LIHEAP Hotline at 800-283-4465 to check your eligibility or to learn more about the program’s benefits.
New Mexico students that show a clear financial need may be able to benefit from the College Affordability Grant, administered by the Department of Higher Education. The awards for this student grant program can provide as much as $1,000 per month to students in need, depending on their situation and specific needs. Single mothers that want to enroll their children in the program should call the Financial Aid Office of the institution that their children are enrolled at to see if they qualify for assistance.
NM Works is the Department of Human Resources’ program that aims to assist needy families where parents have a hard time finding or retaining employment. The program can help single mothers find suitable employment and also provide counseling in order to help them succeed and thrive in their new roles. If you have any questions or would like to know how the NM Works program can benefit you, you can get in touch with the Office of Human Resource by calling them at 505-476-6230.
We hope that as a single mother living in New Mexico, this page has armed you with the right information to put you at an advantage, should the need ever arise to apply for grants.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers