While it might not always be clear where and how to apply for financial assistance, there are various U.S. grants that aim to help needy citizens. On this page, we’ll be discussing the options available to single mothers living in North Dakota.
The North Dakota TANF program can help single mothers that need short-term cash loans in order to pay for basic needs such as housing, food, and childcare services. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is administered by the Department of Economic Assistance, and as such you can call their office at 701-328-2332 to apply for benefits.
Another assistance program offered by the Department of Economic Assistance is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). If you qualify for benefits you’ll receive an electronic benefits card which can be used to purchase food items at selected retail stores. Should you wish to apply for SNAP benefits, you can get in touch with the Economic Assistance Policy Division at 800-755-2716.
Single mothers that are looking for healthcare insurance for their families can apply to see if they are eligible to receive Medicaid benefits. The Medicaid program is funded at a federal level and can provide you and your family with access to healthcare services at no-or-low costs. Contact the Department of Human Services at 701-328-2310 to start your application process.
Healthy Steps is another healthcare assistance program, but it caters to the needs of children that are not on health insurance plans. You can call the Social Services Division at 1-877-543-7669 should you wish to learn more about the program’s requirements and benefits, or to submit an application for assistance.
Subsidized child care services are available from the DHS’ Economic Assistance Division. The CCAP initiative was designed to help low-income families and single mothers pay for their children’s child care services, given that parents meet income and work requirements. you can apply for assistance by calling the office at 701-328-2332.
The North Dakota State Student Incentive Grant Program can help single mothers with the care of their children’s tertiary education by offering them study grants if they meet program requirements. You can apply to see if your child is eligible for benefits if they are studying at a North Dakota college. Call the Federal Student Aid office at 701-328-4156 to start your application process.
The North Dakota LIHEAP program assists families that are on a limited income by providing them with utility bill payment assistance as well as weatherization programs. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is available to households with minor children that meet program requirements. To see how the program can benefit you, get in touch with the Economic Assistance Division by calling the toll-free helpline at 800-755-2716.
If you would like to apply for assistance with your child’s school readiness and his or her social, emotional, and nutritional needs, you can look into the North Dakota Head Start Program. The program is funded federally and can provide single mothers with the opportunity to ensure their children succeed in school. To apply for Head Start benefits you can call the NDHS Office at 800-472-2622.
As you can clearly tell, there are a range of assistance grants in place to provide aid for single mothers living in North Dakota.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers