Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in North Dakota

While it might not always be clear where and how to apply for financial assistance, there are various U.S. grants that aim to help needy citizens. On this page, we’ll be discussing the options available to single mothers living in North Dakota.


The North Dakota TANF program can help single mothers that need short-term cash loans in order to pay for basic needs such as housing, food, and childcare services. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is administered by the Department of Economic Assistance, and as such you can call their office at 701-328-2332 to apply for benefits.


Another assistance program offered by the Department of Economic Assistance is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). If you qualify for benefits you’ll receive an electronic benefits card which can be used to purchase food items at selected retail stores. Should you wish to apply for SNAP benefits, you can get in touch with the Economic Assistance Policy Division at 800-755-2716.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers


Single mothers that are looking for healthcare insurance for their families can apply to see if they are eligible to receive Medicaid benefits. The Medicaid program is funded at a federal level and can provide you and your family with access to healthcare services at no-or-low costs. Contact the Department of Human Services at 701-328-2310 to start your application process.

Healthy Steps

Healthy Steps is another healthcare assistance program, but it caters to the needs of children that are not on health insurance plans. You can call the Social Services Division at 1-877-543-7669 should you wish to learn more about the program’s requirements and benefits, or to submit an application for assistance.

Child Care Assistance Program

Subsidized child care services are available from the DHS’ Economic Assistance Division. The CCAP initiative was designed to help low-income families and single mothers pay for their children’s child care services, given that parents meet income and work requirements. you can apply for assistance by calling the office at 701-328-2332.

State Student Incentive Grant Program

The North Dakota State Student Incentive Grant Program can help single mothers with the care of their children’s tertiary education by offering them study grants if they meet program requirements. You can apply to see if your child is eligible for benefits if they are studying at a North Dakota college. Call the Federal Student Aid office at 701-328-4156 to start your application process.


The North Dakota LIHEAP program assists families that are on a limited income by providing them with utility bill payment assistance as well as weatherization programs. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is available to households with minor children that meet program requirements. To see how the program can benefit you, get in touch with the Economic Assistance Division by calling the toll-free helpline at 800-755-2716.

Head Start

If you would like to apply for assistance with your child’s school readiness and his or her social, emotional, and nutritional needs, you can look into the North Dakota Head Start Program. The program is funded federally and can provide single mothers with the opportunity to ensure their children succeed in school. To apply for Head Start benefits you can call the NDHS Office at 800-472-2622.

As you can clearly tell, there are a range of assistance grants in place to provide aid for single mothers living in North Dakota.

Sponsored links