Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Grants for Single Mothers in Texas

Texas is the state where everyone has access to decent housing and education. Single mothers are well taken care by a system that wants to help their families move forward and make progress.


The Texas Public Educational Grant (TPEG) is an award given to low-income students. The funds are given out based on financial need and state residency. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to determine your qualifications. If you can’t, complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid.

Learn more about grants by contacting the financial aid office at your school. The One Stop Enrollment Center at the University of Texas is one source of information. Contact them by phone at (210) 458-8000 or (800) 669-0919 or by email at

Head Start

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The Texas Head Start Association (THSA) has nutrition and education programs for low-income children. Find a Head Start center in your area to get involved. Contact the association by mail or by email at

TEXAS (Towards Excellence, Access and Success) Grant

The state has a grant called Towards EXcellence, Access and Success (TEXAS). You must be a state resident with a low income. Apply for this grant when you fill out the FAFSA starting January 1.

Contact your school’s financial aid office to learn more. Tarleton State University has more information at (254) 968-9070 or


Unemployment Insurance is temporary assistance for when you are unemployed. Apply for a claim, manage an existing one or review information about unemployment benefits.

Call the unemployment benefits tele-center at (800) 558-8321. For general information, call Tele-Serv at (800) 558-8321.


The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has a Child Care Assistance Program for low-income residents. Determine your eligibility and apply at a local Workforce Solutions office.

Call 2-1-1 to find child care providers in your area. Contact the Texas Child Care Solutions through the website’s contact form.


Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is available to single mothers in Texas. Review a list of eligibility requirements online. If you are eligible and want to apply, call (800) 942-3678 or visit a local WIC clinic.


Find free or affordable healthcare coverage for the children of single mothers through Children’s Medicaid and CHIP programs. Apply on the CHIP website or call 1-877-543-7669. The CHIP call center’s contact number is 1-800-647-6558.


Texas Health and Human Services has Medicaid programs for low-income adults with or without children. Apply for benefits online through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).

Call the Medicaid hotline at 1-800-252-8263, or call 2-1-1 to ask for referrals to providers in your area.


SNAP is the federal Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program for Texans. It is funded by the state and given to single mothers if they meet low income requirements. Apply for food benefits on the Your Texas Benefits website. Call 2-1-1 to find out about local food assistance programs.


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is available in counties all over Texas. Receive temporary cash to pay for food, housing, and clothing. Apply on the Your Texas Benefits site. If you cannot apply online, download an application and mail it to the HHSC office. Call 2-1-1 to get assistance over the phone.

The state of Texas gives single mothers the chance to improve themselves and their family’s lives. Look more into these programs that can provide many services in the low-income community.

Sponsored links