Grants are made for all types of people from students to people with low-incomes. As a financially uncertain single mother, consider all of your options and review the grant programs in your area.
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) is monthly cash assistance for single mothers to support their households. Apply online or download an application. Contact the Wyoming Department of Family Services (DFS) at (307) 754-2245 or Corrine.Livers@wyo.gov.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is Wisconsin’s food assistance source. Download, fill out and mail your application to a local SNAP office. Call the SNAP hotline with your inquiries at (307) 777-5846.
Wyoming Medicaid is a healthcare program available to single mothers, children and low-income families. Apply online, over the phone at 1-855-294-2127, by mail to WDH Customer Service Center or by fax to 1-855-329-5205.
Ask about Medicaid programs and services at (855) 294-2127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kid Care CHIP
Receive assistance from Kid Care CHIP if your child qualifies. Use an online tool to find CHIP providers near you. For this program, apply online, by phone at 1-855-294-2127, by mail or by walk in. Download an application online and mail it to WDH Customer Service Center or fax it to 1-855-329-5205.
Email or call 1-855-294-2127 for CHIP-related questions.
Child Care Subsidy Program
You may qualify for a Child Care Subsidy to pay affordable child care costs. Download the DFS Application for Benefits online or visit a DFS office. You have to set an appointment and show proof of eligibility.
CHILD AND ADULT CARE FOOD PROGRAM (CACFP)
Wyoming’s Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) has healthy, affordable meals for adults and children in daycare centers. To participate, your income must meet eligibility guidelines. Find a list of preschools, daycares and Head Start centers that participate in your county.
Make energy bills more affordable during the fall and winter by signing up for LIEAP, also known as the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Download an application or call 1-800-246-4221 to have one sent to you. For the 2016-2017 year, apply by March 2017.
Contact (800) 246-4221 or email@example.com for more information about the program.
The Department of Workforce Services has Unemployment Insurance (UI) for those who qualify. Submit an online application or call (307) 473-3789 to file by phone. The helpline is available at (307) 235-3264.
The Pell Grant is available to help single mothers enrolled in higher education institutions. First, see if you qualify by applying for the (FAFSA).
Learn more about Pell grants through the University of Wyoming. Contact student financial aid at (307) 766-3016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wyoming’s Head Start is the state’s early childhood program. The low-income children of single mothers have access to healthcare and educational resources. Find the nearest Head Start program to apply in person or download and mail in an application.
Single mothers may need extra resources to guide their families down the right path. With the help of Wyoming’s many social service organizations, you can take the right steps for yourself and your family.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers