If you are a single mother living in Kansas City and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need as a single mother.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
The Missouri Work Assistance (MWA) Program, also known as Temporary Assistance (TA), is a program designed to provide cash benefits to low-income families for such needs as clothing, utilities and other services. Find out more at this link. The 2-1-1 of Greater Kansas City online database has a list of 40 different groups and programs that provide temporary cash assistance to single mothers for a variety of purposes at this link.
Food benefits for single moms
The low-income earners in Kansas City can enter the Food Stamp Program at this link, which helps them buy food in the market. If you need more immediate assistance with food and meals, Kansas City Help has a great page all about food pantries in the area at this link. You can also visit the 2-1-1 of Great Kansas City online database, which lists nearly 500 different food pantries at this link, and 55 different soup kitchens where you can get a meal at this link.
Shelter & Housing grants for single mothers
If you need emergency shelter, the 2-1-1 of Greater Kansas City online database lists 36 different shelters in the area at this link, as well as 13 different programs that will help put you up at a motel or hotel for 1-3 nights at this link. The database also lists 48 places that can help you pay your mortgage payment at this link, and 142 different places to turn if you need help paying your rent at this link.
Single mother help with Energy and utility bills
The Missouri Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) at this link has two components: Energy Assistance (EA), which help the needy family pay their electricity bills and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP), which helps the vulnerable people in Kansas City during energy crisis. There is also HeatShare at this link, a utility assistance program administered through The Salvation Army. In addition, the 2-1-1 of Greater Kansas City online database lists nearly 400 groups and programs that help people pay their utility bills at this link.
Telephone Bills grants for single mothers
Missouri participates in the national Lifeline program to provide low-income people with a discount on their telephone bills. Find out more at this link.
Childcare grants for single mothers
Missouri’s Child Care/Early Childhood Services department runs a Child Care assistance program at this link to provide reimbursement to parents or direct payments to eligible childcare providers. Its purpose is to assist families with childcare expenses to allow the parents to work or to attend school or training programs. Head Start in Kansas City at this link is designed specifically for children ages six weeks old through pre-kindergarten. It provides childcare and education, including dental and health services, to low-income families and single mothers.
Help with Medical Care
The Kansas City CARE Health Clinic at this link is one of the largest free and charitable health clinics in the city. It helps keep the uninsured and underinsured healthy. If you need assistance paying your medical bills, Saint Luke’s may be able to help at this link. The 2-1-1 of Greater Kansas City online database lists 226 different community clinics where you can get medical and dental care at this link.
Help with Legal Matters
Kansas Legal Services is a non-profit law firm and community education organization that provide free civil legal services in the city at this link.
Financial Counseling for single mothers
Budget and Financial Management Assistance at this link provides budgeting, bill payment and advocacy to the needy in the Kansas City Metropolitan area.
Help for single mothers from Other Groups
There are many groups in Kansas City that provide single parents all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
United Services Community Action Agency: Link.
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas: Link.
Salvation Army Kansas City: Link.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers