If you are a single mother living in Tucson and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting the help you need.
Cash Assistance program for single mothers
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) in AZ takes the form of a Cash Assistance program at this link to provide temporary cash benefits and supportive services to the neediest of Arizona’s children and their families.
Food assistance programs for single mothers
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in Arizona at this link supplies EBT cards that can be used just like debit cards to buy food. The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) at this link provides needy people of Arizona with a variety of Food assistance to help feed them and their families in an emergency situation. Pima County has a page about a few other food assistance programs at this link. If you need more immediate food assistance, the 2-1-1 Pima County online database lists 50 different places to get food at this link such as food banks, and lists 15 places where you can get a meal if you need one at this link.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Shelter & Housing programs for single mothers
If you need emergency shelter, the 2-1-1 Pima County online database lists 7 different homeless shelters, although the HomelessShelterDirectory lists more like 13 at this link. The 2-1-1 directory also lists 15 different places you can turn if you need rent payment assistance at this link and six different groups and programs that can help single mothers with mortgage payment assistance at this link.
Energy and Utilities grants for single mothers
Pima County has a webpage detailing what documentation you need to get a variety of utility assistance at this link. Tucson Electric Power’s Residential Lifeline Discount Program at this link provides qualifying customers discounts off their TEP residential bills each month. In addition, the 2-1-1 Pima County online database lists 14 options for receiving electric bill assistance at this link, 14 options for gas bill assistance at this link, six options for getting help with medical bills at this link, and 13 options for getting help with water bills at this link. The Low Income Energy Conservation (LIEC) Program at this link works in partnership with the Arizona Energy Office to provide free energy audits, conservation education, and comprehensive weatherization materials that increase energy efficiency and safety in the homes of low-income single mothers and families.
Help with Telephone Bills
In order to make phone call service more affordable for low-income households, CenturyLink, formerly known as Qwest, provides the Lifeline Discount Program to needy resident of Tuscon and throughout Arizona at this link.
Childcare grants for single mothers
The Department of Economic Security provides Child Care Assistance to help eligible families with the cost of childcare so that parents can go to work or attend training or school, or other approved activities. Find out more at this link. Child-Parent Centers is the group that runs Head Start programming in Tucson and surrounding areas. Find out more at this link.
Help with Medical Care
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) at this link offers several low or no cost medical coverage programs to Arizona needy families and children. The 2-1-1 Pima County online database lists 15 options for getting general dental care at this link, and 35 places to go to for a wide ranger of general healthcare issues at this link. It also has a pages where you can zero in on a range of specific health issues at this link.
Help with Legal Matters
The main provider of free legal services for low-income people in Tucson is South Arizona Legal Aid at this link.
Financial Counseling programs for single moms
The 2-1-1 Pima County online database lists 13 different places you can go for budget, credit, and debt counseling services at this link.
Help for single mothers from Other Groups
There are lots of groups in Tucson that provide single mothers all kinds of services related to many of the areas mention above, including the following:
Community Action Agency: Link.
Salvation Army Tucson: Link.
Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona: Link.
St. Vincent de Paul of Southern Arizona: Link.
2-1-1 Pima County: Link.