This list is the ultimate guide to help you find grants, assistance, and financial aid for single mothers in Austin, Texas.
Salvation Army assistance for single mothers :
Founded in United Kingdom, the Salvation Army is a Christian church which also doubles as a charity organization composed of believers dedicated to spreading the gospel and providing social services such as basic needs, housing, disaster relief, rehabilitation, spiritual counseling, and humanitarian aid. Salvation Army has a downtown shelter and social service center, a shelter for women and children, and an adult rehabilitation center, all located in Austin. Call Phone number 512-782-8800 for single mother assistance and website is http://www.salvationarmytexas.org/austin/.
All Saints’ Episcopal Church
All Saints is an Episcopalian church and a member of the Diocese of Texas. It has several outreach projects which include Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, El Buen Samaritano, Loaves and Fishes, and Bridge Ministry. Phone number is 512-476-3589 and website is http://www.allsaints-austin.org/.
Austin Health and Human Services Department
This is the local government’s branch that promotes public health in Austin communities. It provides free social services through its neighborhood centers and it has a childcare program to provide support to low income single mothers and families. It also provides health screening services for people who suspect that they have HIV, STD, hepatitis, and tuberculosis. Phone number is 512-972-5000 and website is https://www.austintexas.gov/department/health.
Trinity Center assistance for single mothers
Founded by St. David’s Episcopal Church parishioners, Trinity Center is a faith-based volunteer organization. It does not promote any kind of religion in particular; instead, it promotes an open-minded spirituality that respects all individuals whatever their religion is. Its mission is to help Austin single mothers and families that are experiencing poverty and homelessness. It has a foundation to help the homeless and a “Neighbor-to-Neighbor” program that offers free breakfast to homeless people. Phone number is 512-610-3542 and website is http://trinitycenteraustin.org/.
Austin Energy assistance for single moms :
Austin Energy gives back to its community by providing a multitude of outreach programs. It provides low-income households with free home energy improvements that will result to lowered utility bills. It also runs the PowerSaver program, which reduces the cost of home improvement projects designed to lower electric bills. Phone number is 512-494-9400 and website is https://austinenergy.com/.
Holy Cross Catholic Church St. Vincent De Paul Society Austin
This Catholic church helps impoverished families and single mothers in need of emergency financial assistance by helping them pay their rent or utilities. Phone number is 512-472-3741 and website is http://www.holycrossaustin.org/.
Christian Service Center Austin
The Christian Service Center is an outreach program of the University Avenue Church. It provides financial support to those with limited income. Other outreach programs include Micah 6 Austin and Outreach Breakfast, which provides morning meals every Wednesday to 100 homeless people. Phone number is 512-476-9584 and website is http://www.uachurch.org/christian-service-center/.
Baptist Community Center Austin
The Community Center Mission has a Family Assistance program which provides financial support for families that are having difficulty paying for their rent and utilities. It also has a Clothing, Shoe, Bread, and Pastry Ministries for those who are in need. Phone numbers are 512-478-7243 and 512-472-7592. Website is http://www.bccmission.org/.
Public Utility Commission of Texas
The Public Utility Commission of Texas offers several outreach programs. The LITE-UP Texas program has been created to help low-income families pay their utility bills. LITE-UP gives discounts to customers who are on Medicaid and SNAP, as well as to families that are living on an income below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines. The Lifeline program helps poor families by reducing their monthly telephone bills, while the Link-Up program offers discounted telephone installation services to people who live on tribal lands. Low-income families can also avail of the Weatherization Assistance program in order to make their homes more energy-efficient, resulting to lower utility bills. Phone number is 512-936-7000 and website is https://www.puc.texas.gov/.
Entergy has two outreach programs. For emergency assistance, The Power to Care provides financial support to low-income households that cannot pay their utility bills. For long-term relief, the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program helps poor families with high energy bills. Phone number is 1-800-368-3749 and website is http://www.entergy-texas.com/.
Atmos Energy assistance for single parents :
Atmos Energy gives back to the community in many ways. The Energy Assistance Program and the Sharing the Warmth Program help the elderly, single mothers , disabled, and impoverished families pay for their energy bills. It also offers the Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program where low-income households can receive energy-efficient materials that will help lower their utility expenses. The company also supports various community development, health, and welfare organizations. Phone number is 1-888-286-6700 and website is http://www.atmosenergy.com/.
New Braunfels Utilities
NBU has a Utility Bill Assistance Program designed to help single mothers, households and families that are experiencing financial hardship by providing financial help in their electric and water bills. The Kitchen Table of New Braunfels oversees the program and determines who is eligible and what amount should be given. Phone number is 210-431-8525 and website is http://www.nbutexas.com/.
Public Service of San Antonio
The Residential Energy Assistance Partnership provides financial help to families who are in a financial distress. The assistance is applied directly to the qualified customer’s utility bill. Phone number is 1-800-773-3077 and website is https://www.cpsenergy.com/en.html.
Sam Houston Electric Cooperative
Sam Houston’s outreach program is called Helping Hands, which helps customers that are dealing with financial distress by assisting them with their utility bills. Since the start of the program in 1992, it has already given more than $150,000 to its customers. Phone number is 1-800-458-0381 and website is http://www.samhouston.net/.
With these relief programs being offered by different organizations and institutions, help is now just a phone call away for single mothers.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers