If you are having difficulty staying up to date with paying your bills in El Paso, Texas, there are organizations that can help single mothers. Here is a list of resources you can reach out to.
El Paso Community Action Program, Project BRAVO
Project Bravo is a private nonprofit that provides services to low income single mothers and families in El Paso to empower families through assistance and follow up. Their services include utility assistance, weatherization, housing and help for adults wanting to pursue their education. Phone numbers for specific areas and more information can be found on their website.
Society St. Vincent De Paul can assist single moms
This organization has been in the El Paso area since 1893 and helps families and single moms in need by providing food, housing and medical care. They distribute food to families in need through their Food Pantry. Families can apply on Wednesday between 9 a.m and 1 p.m. and if accepted, will receive food twice per week for 1 year. Phone number is (915) 877-7030 and you can learn more on their website.
The Salvation Army of El Paso helps single mothers
The Salvation Army of El Paso has representatives standing by to help you if you need food or help paying a bill. There are many locations in El Paso. Phone number is 915-755-4168 and more contact information can be found here.
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Our Lady of Guadalupe offers a food pantry, clothing pantry, and occasional financial assistance for families and single mothers in need. In order to apply for the food pantry, you will need to go through their application process which requires bringing a copy of your current utility bill in the name of the person who is head of household, along with an ID and proof of income. For financial assistance, when able, this organization may provide help and budget counseling, they may also refer clients to other sources of financial assistance in the area of El Paso. Phone number is (915)562-4304.
Project Vida aims to help to assist the underserved areas of El Paso through their various programs addressing housing, health, child care, wellness and economic development. If having trouble paying monthly rent, they have affordable housing options. Phone number is (915) 533.7057 and you can learn more about the programs on their website.
The Electric Company
When needing financial assistance, El Paso Electric offers payment arrangements to ease a financial crisis of single mothers. They also have a low income rider program where customers who qualify can have their Residential Service Customer Charge waived. Phone number is 915-543-5970 and you can learn more on their website.
El Paso Housing Authority
HACEP is a public housing authority that provides housing to low income families to help them establish self-sufficiency. Their programs include rental assistance, help for homeless civilians, housing for seniors, and assistance for farm laborers. Phone number is (915) 849-3742 and you can learn more about the programs on their website.
The Power to Care
This organization helps low income, disabled and elderly individuals to pay their energy bills when undergoing financial hardships. Learn more here.
LIHEAP enery assistance for single mothers
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program helps those with low income households by making payments directly to the energy suppliers. Both renters and homeowners can qualify for assistance if they meet the income requirements of 150% or below the poverty level. Find out more here.
Mary Peyton Foundation
This foundation was created to provide aid to legal residents of El Paso who have exhausted any of sources of receiving funds. They provide grants to assist applicants with living, educational and medical expenses. Living assistance includes clothing, day care, bus passes, rent, car payment, car repairs and other expenses that are part of daily life. Ongoing aid is available to fund daily meals. You can apply by walking in or calling. Find out more on the Mary Peyton Foundation’s website.
LITE UP Texas
The LITE-UP Texas program can help qualified low-income individuals and single mothers to reduce their monthly electric bills. To qualify, you must be at 125% of federal poverty level or below. You may also qualify based on your household income. You can self in enroll by calling 1-866-454-8387 and visit the website for more information.
Lifeline helps individuals to pay their monthly bill for telephone service. To qualify for this program you must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. Apply for this program by calling 1-866-454-8387 or visit their website.
Weatherization Assistance Program
This program offers qualifying residents an energy audit in order to evaluate a home’s energy efficiency, and then provides financial and installation assistance to improve the home’s energy efficiency. To qualify, a household must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. Additionally, the home needs to be able to benefit from weatherization. To learn more, contact your electricity provider or visit this website.
It can be a stressful time when struggling to make ends meet, luckily these organizations are in place to help El Paso residents when they need it most. If you are a single mother, apply for aid today.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers