Weatherization Assistance Program for single moms
In Idaho, the winters can plunge below 0 F and in the summer rise above 100 F. Depending on where you live the temperatures may be more or less extreme. If your home is freezing cold in the winter, and broiling in the summer, the Idaho Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) can provide help.
The Idaho Weatherization Assistance Program is the nation’s largest residential energy efficiency program. Its mission is to insulate the dwellings of low-income persons, particularly the elderly, single mothers, persons with disabilities, families with children, high residential energy users, and households with a high energy burden, in order to conserve needed energy and to aid those persons least able to afford higher utility costs.
To qualify for this program, you must be a resident of the state of Idaho. If you receive Supplemental Security Income or Aid to Families with Dependent Children, you are automatically eligible to receive weatherization services.
For more information regarding WAP for single mothers in Idaho or call 208-375-7382 or 877-375-7382.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single mothers
The Idaho Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a federally funded program that helps low-income families buy the food they need to stay healthy. The SNAP program was formerly known as Food Stamps. SNAP is a supplemental food program which means you or your family will need to find other ways to augment your food purchases including food pantries, community gardens and other food resources.
There are people in Idaho who need nutritious food. Hungry and malnourished adults and children who are your friends, neighbors, co-workers and even relatives. Many who qualify for food assistance as well as other low-income based services are hesitant to apply. If any individual or family is experiencing hunger they should apply for SNAP. If you need food assistance immediately, and are eligible, benefits can be received within seven days. You must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for the expedited services. Eligible persons receive an Idaho Quest Card, which is similar to a bank debit card and is used like one as well. Call 877-456-1233 for single mother benefits or go to this webpage to apply for help.
Credit Counseling for single mothers
Have you lost control of your personal finances? Are creditors calling at all hours? You can find relief from the stress by working with a credit counselor.
Debt Reduction Services
Debt Reduction Services is a nonprofit debt management and credit counseling organization that has helped thousands of consumers with credit problems. The goal of Debt Reduction Services is to significantly improve the financial well-being of their clients.
Debt Reduction Services can help with the following:
- Negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate interest charges and stop late and overlimit fees
- Consolidate credit bills into one easy monthly payment
- Pay off your debt faster
- Lower your interest rates regardless of credit score
- Stop collection calls
- Build a realistic budget and financial plan you can follow
6213 N. Cloverdale Rd. Suite 100 Boise, ID 83713 208-378-0200
Telephone Assistance for single parents
Lifeline and Idaho Telephone Service Assistance Program (ITSAP)
While some people are talking about the latest app on their geniusphone, there are others who struggle to afford even a basic home wireline (landline) telephone. In Idaho, there are two programs to help qualified households receive and maintain telephone service.
Qualified recipients can receive a telephone discount through a federally funded program called Lifeline. These discounts are available to eligible consumers throughout Idaho.The Lifeline program offers a monthly discount of $ 9.25 on each monthly telephone bill.
In order to receive single mom benefits, you must apply for these programs with your local Idaho Department of Health & Welfare (IDHW) regional office, or Idaho Community Action Program (CAP) office. Locate your local CAP.
Another program to help with your phone bill is the Idaho Telephone Service Assistance Program (ITSAP). This service offers an additional discount of $2.50 on the phone bill for eligible beneficiaries primary home phone line, cellular or local telephone coverage.
The additional discount through ITSAP results in monthly savings of $11.75 for qualified customers.
The Lifeline and ITSAP agencies help provide communication ability to those who might not otherwise be able to afford telephone service. Learn more about the program or browse the list for your provider.
Low Cost Medical Care
If you require medical care, but you do not have insurance, where can you turn? American Falls Clinic– HealthWest offers a broad range of services on a sliding scale fee. The clinic accepts uninsured, underinsured, insured, Medicare, Medicaid and all income levels. More information about services for single moms or contact 208-226-2822.
Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention
Are you a single mother facing eviction? Is your landlord filing for bankruptcy? Are you going through foreclosure? If you are in the midst of losing your home, you need to understand your rights.
If you are renting, you should know tenants do have specific rights under Idaho state law.
- The right not to be discriminated against when looking for a place to rent or during the tenancy.
- The right to have a rental property that is not dangerous or unhealthy.
- The right to request needed repairs and have the landlord address the repairs within three days.
- Landlord cannot evict without going through the proper court process.
- Landlords cannot unfairly keep the renter security deposit if there is no damage
- Discrimination in Housing – Landlords cannot discriminate against you because of your sex, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, or familial status (whether you have children or not). These are called the protected classes. This applies when you are looking for a rental and when you are living in a rental.