This is a helpful list of companies, organizations, and institutions in Jacksonville, Florida that can help single mothers pay their bills.
Jacksonville Catholic Charities Bureau
Catholic Charities is a faith-based charity organization. It supports the JEA Neighbor to Neighbor Program, which gives financial help to eligible individuals, especially the elderly, single mothers, disabled, and low-income individuals who cannot afford to pay for their utility bills. Phone number for emergency financial assistance is 904-632-0600, and website is http://www.ccbjax.org/.
Salvation Army assistance for single mothers
The Salvation Army in Jacksonville has a Rent and Utility Assistance Program that provides assistance to poor residents who are in danger of having their electricity disconnected due to non-payment. It should be noted that this program is on a limited, case-to-case basis and can be applied only when there are funds available. Phone number is 904-301-4875 and website is http://www.salvationarmyflorida.org/jacksonville/.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Northeast Florida Community Action Agency
This agency has a lot of outreach programs to help poor communities. It supports the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program and can pay the utility bills on behalf of residents who do not have the funds to pay. The Weatherization Assistance Program helps single mothers make their homes more energy-efficient, resulting to lowered utility bills. Phone number is 904-398-7472 and website is http://www.nfcaa.net/.
Jewish Family and Community Services
JFCS provides emergency financial support to single mothers who are in need. Aside from food, rent, and mortgage assistance, it also provides monetary help for utility payments. It also provides a Standing Tall Life Skills program that helps people achieve financial freedom. In order to request for an appointment, you need to call United Way at 211. Phone number is 904-448-1933 and website is https://jfcsjax.org/.
United Community Outreach Ministry
UCOM’s advocacy is to end hunger and poverty for Jacksonville residents. Some of UCOM’s outreach programs include Meals on Wheels and an Emergency Services Center. Website is http://www.ucomjax.org/home.html.
Arlington Community Services
This charity organization provides assistance to single mothers who are in need, especially the elderly, the disabled, and low-income families. Support comes in the form of funding for eviction and disconnection notices, although this financial help could sometimes be limited. Phone number is 904-743-7402.
JEA Assistance Programs for single moms
JEA supports the Neighbor to Neighbor Fund to help people who are going through tough times and are temporarily unable to pay their utility bill. The elderly, the disabled, and the poor JEA customers are the beneficiaries of the fund, which is distributed by United Way. The Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program allows JEA professionals to come in to the homes of low-income families to install energy-efficient equipment and provide tips on how to lower energy bills. Phone number is 904-632-0600 and website is https://www.jea.com/.
Getaway Service Center helps single parents
The Getaway Service Center offers food and refugee assistance, as well as temporary cash assistance to single moms that are in need and cannot pay for their own basic needs. In order to apply, you have to be interviewed and provide documentation. Phone number is 866-762-2237.
The Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry is a charity institution founded by local churches, and is dedicated to helping poor families that live in beach communities. In order to be eligible for the program, you must be living within these zip codes: 32233, 32266, 32250, 32082, 32224, and 32227. You need to book an appointment and bring documentation with you during the interview. Phone number is 904-241-7447 and website is https://jaxbeam.org/.
Rehan N. Khawaja Attorney at Law
Rehan N. Khawaja practices bankruptcy law and helps clients who are not able to make payments on time. He offers free legal assessment in order to determine if you can file for bankruptcy and can help you go through with this difficult process. Phone number is 904-586-0034 and website is http://www.bankruptcy-jax.com/.
Aside from providing health care services, Mayo Clinic offers financial aid to people who are not able to pay for their medical bills through extended payment options and discounts to medical services. The clinic also gives emergency assistance care. You need to fill out a financial assistance application form and you must be able to demonstrate your inability to pay for the medical services you have availed in the clinic. If you are currently experiencing financial difficulties, please get in touch with Patient Account Services. Phone numbers are 904-953-7323 and 800-660-4190 (toll-free). Website is http://www.mayoclinic.org/.
Wounded Warrior Project
This institution provides support to war veterans and service members who have been injured, wounded, disabled, or are suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome. It helps servicemen and their families as they transition back to normal life, by ensuring that these people get government and community benefits available to them. Phone number is 904-296-7350 and website is http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/.
There is always hope. You don’t have to do it alone. Get help by contacting any of the listed organizations and agencies above.