When times are tough everyone can use a helping hand. The resources listed below are for discounts on services such as weatherization, telephones, and spay/neuter costs for pets. There are public and private agencies and organizations to help single mothers who are struggling financially.
Telephone Discount for single mothers
America is a country of contrasts. While one person is standing in line to buy the newest really-smart phone, another is struggling to continue basic phone service in their home. For low-income eligible households, there is help. Lifeline is a federal program that helps make telephone service more affordable. A household may receive a Lifeline discount on one wireless or one wireline (landline) telephone. Lifeline recipients have a reduction in monthly residence line fees, free toll blocking service and other discounts as determined by Lifeline and your local telephone carrier.
Lifeline provides a discount of $9.25 on monthly service. The state of Kentucky also believes everyone should have a telephone and offers additional savings that adds up to $12.75 per month. Read about eligibility and saving money on your telephone. Contact your telephone company for detailed information. If you still have questions on single mother assistance, you may call 800-772-4636.
Kentucky Weatherization Assistance Program for single mothers
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Does the mere thought of spending another winter in your cold, drafty home make you shiver? Are your utility bills going through the roof along with most of your heat? The Kentucky Weatherization Assistance Program was designed to help low-income households save money on their utility bills while preventing energy loss.
Weatherization usually consists of caulking, weatherstripping around windows and doors, insulation in the attic, basement and walls of the residence and some cases if the primary heating source is damaged or cannot be repaired the agency may replace the unit. Weatherization will make your home more comfortable while you are saving money on your utility payment and reducing energy consumption. Discover more about weatherization.single mother assistance.
Help Finding Food
Hunger is a problem in the U.S., and Kentucky is no exception. There are adults and children who need food. As of January 2015, over 816,000 people in Kentucky participated in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
SNAP benefits are not intended to purchase all of your food. Utilize food pantries, community gardens and other programs.
- School Breakfast Service
- Summer Nutrition Programs
- SNAP Nutrition Education
- School Lunch Program
The Kentucky SNAP Hotline number 800-372-2970 is for food emergencies for single mothers.
Eviction/Foreclosure Assistance for single parents
Has your landlord sent you an eviction letter or have you been served with legal notice? Are you about to lose your home to foreclosure? Both situations require professional legal help. Unfortunately, many people in these situations do not have the money for legal help. There are resources such as the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development or HOPE, offering free counseling over the phone 888-995-HOPE (4673)
Kentucky has four programs that provide a wide range of legal services to low income single mothers and elderly Kentuckians. If you rent your home and need assistance with eviction find help near you.
AppalReD Legal Aid (eastern and south central Kentucky)
New clients call 866-277-5733 Local: 606-886-3876
Kentucky Legal Aid (western Kentucky)
866-453-9243 800-782-1924 Local: 270-782-1924
Legal Aid of the Bluegrass (northern and central Kentucky)
Veterans’ Project: 866-516-3054
Legal Aid Society (Louisville and the surrounding counties)
Array of resources for eviction prevention assistance.
Temporary Cash Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)/Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP)
Sometimes you just need a little help. If your family is low-income and eligible for benefits, TANF can offer assistance. The TANF program works to assist families in becoming self-sufficient. In Kentucky the plan is also known as Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program. (K-TAP)
* Assisting needy families so that children can be cared for in their homes
* Preventative measures for out of wedlock pregnancy.
* Encouragement of two parent families.
* Reduction of the dependency of needy parents by assisting with job
How to apply for TANF. You can also call 855-306-8959 for single mother assistance.
Utility Assistance for single mothers
Is it difficult to pay your utility bill? Do you have to decide between what bills to pay and what will have to go? It doesn’t have to be that way. There is help, through public and private agencies. If you are unable to pay your power bill call your local utility company immediately to make arrangements.
Here you will find a comprehensive list of agencies who can provide emergency utility assistance. for single mothers .
Information regarding Kentucky Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
Oldham County Kentucky Department of Health and Family Services 800-456-3452