Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single moms
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a Federal program designed to provide single mothers, low-income individuals and families with nutritious food, nutrition assistance and education. The SNAP food benefits use Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards to distribute funds. Visit the website to apply for food assistance. Find listings of services by county. You can also call 866-244-0071.
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Ohio
Are your power bills going through the roof? Do you need assistance paying your utility bill? There is help available for single mothers. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps pay heating or cooling utility bills for low-income individuals and families. There may be other energy assistance available or call 800-282-0880, TDD 800-686 1557.
Here is a list of participating utility companies. Find out what assistance your utility company offers.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
The Free Medical Clinic of Greater Cleveland
The clinic believes “Healthcare is a right, not a privilege”
How long has it been since you saw a medical care provider? Do you have a serious disease that needs care such as heart disease, diabetes or asthma? If you cannot afford a doctor and you are uninsured the Free Medical Clinic of Greater Cleveland can help.The clinic offers healthcare at no cost to eligible clients. You can receive medical, dental, HIV care, counseling, alcohol and drug treatment and behavioral health advocacy.
To contact the clinic and make an appointment with the appropriate staff go here.
If you are involved in a civil matter you need the help of a legal professional. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney there are still options. Contact Ohio Legal Services. They can assist you with issues such as eviction, domestic abuse, denial of social services and more. Ohio Legal Services does not handle criminal cases. Discover how you can find legal help. Call 866-LAW-OHIO (529-6446).
Weatherization Assistance for single mother households
If your primary heating system is unsafe you may be eligible to have the system repaired or replaced. The Ohio Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) provides single moms. eligible individuals and families with assistance to improve the energy efficiency of their homes and decrease energy costs. Services inlude attic,wall and basement insulation; blower door guided air leakage reduction; heating system repairs or replacements; and health and safety testing and inspections. For additional information call 800-282-0880, TTD 800-686-1557. Fill out an application for assistance.
Do you need help with getting your debts under control, paying bills, and debt reduction assistance? Apprisen Financial Services can help.
This non-profit organization offers a variety of consumer debt counseling usually for no fee. The agency works with customers who can pay for services as well as those with very low incomes. Do not delay getting help with your debt problems. Call 800-355-2227 or go to the website to find out more information.
Utility Bill Assistance for single moms
Columbus Gas of Ohio offers several types of assistance to customers having difficulty paying their utility bill. If you cannot pay your utility bill contact the company immediately.
Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
This service can help you pay your utility bill if you meet the eligibility requirements. 800-282-0880
Emergency HEAP (E-HEAP)
This program can provide a one-time credit each heating season to qualified low-income customers to continue or restore gas service.
HeatShare is a program that combines contributions from customers, employees and shareholders to assist customers who have exhausted all other forms of financial assistance or who have special hardships. To apply for HeatShare contact your closest Salvation Army.
The WarmChoice offers energy inspections, space and water heating system repairs or replacement, insulation, air sealing and health and safety measures as needed to single mother households who meet the criteria.
If you or a member of your household has a serious medical condition, a Medical Certificate can delay the disconnection of service for 30 days.The Medical Certificate may be used to delay shut-off no more than three times during a 12-month period.
You can take steps to decrease your energy use and your utility bill at the same time. Learn more about saving today.
If you are a single mother behind on your house payments or facing foreclosure, you may feel there is nowhere to turn. There are organizations that can help. Counselors can assist you with making decisions about mediation or loan modification.
Foreclosure mediation is a resource eligible homeowners can consider if they are behind on their mortgage or dealing with a foreclosure. In some cases, mediation may stop the foreclosure process. Programs provide access to housing counselors and ensure a neutral mediator is available to the homeowner. Mediation is preferred by many mortgage companies, lenders and homeowners. If successful the cooperative efforts can save time and money that would have gone to attorney’s fees and court costs. Call 614-387-9420 for more information about foreclosure prevention.