Utility Assistance for single moms Weather can play a significant role in your utility bill. In winter February averages nine inches of snow. However, there is never a good time to be without utilities. If you need help to keep the power on there are programs offered through your utility company to assist eligible single mothers and families. Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF) The UESF aids people through crisis and seeks to address the cause of the emergency UESF provides funds to avoid disruption of utilities or to have the utility service restored. Utility Grant Program The UESF provides help to low-income families and individuals that are facing disconnection or who have already had their power shut off. Utility assistance is a means of last resort used when LIHEAP and other programs have closed for the season. UESF is only able to aid individuals and families once in two years. Call 21-765-9040 for more information or visit the website for a list of agencies that offer utility assistance. Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) There are several single mother assistance programs available through PGWorks to assist individuals and families with paying gas bills. Budget Billing is a service that works with customers who have an increase in their utility bill in the winter. Your account must be in good standing to take advantage of this service. If you qualify for Budget Billing, your yearly gas bill is estimated then divided equally into twelve. With this service, you always know how much the gas bill will be every month. Call 215-235-1000 to sign up for Budget Billing. Customer Assistance Referral Evaluation Program (CARES) The CARES program provides payment assistance to residential customers, in particular, situations such as a medical emergency, family crisis, or loss of employment. To learn if you qualify for CARES, contact PGW at 215-235-1000. Senior Citizen Discount The Senior Citizen Discount offers savings to eligible customers. Seniors can save year round on monthly bills. Visit the PGW website to learn more about savings programs.
Legal Aid for single mothers Actions taken in a legal matter can have far-reaching implications. It is imperative you understand your rights and responsibilities under the law for your particular situation. The judicial system is complex and far easier to navigate when you have professional legal counsel. These resources are available at no charge to eligible individuals and families. Philadelphia Legal Assistance (PLA) The PLA is dedicated to providing advice and quality, creative legal services to low-income clients. PLA offers assistance with public benefits, housing and foreclosure, family law, farm worker issues and other civil law cases. Contact the PLA at 215-981-3800 to find out how they can assist you or view the website.
Free and Discounted Attractions for single parent households Philadelphia has many historic sites to visit. The entire family can tour Independence Hall, Congress Hall, the Old City Hall, and even the Liberty Bell all for no charge. On Wednesday nights beginning at 5:00 pm and on the first Sunday of the month visitors to the Philadelphia Museum of Art can pay what they so choose. Even more free activities: Tinicum Wildlife Refuge, Awbury Arboretum, Reading Terminal Market, Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul and, at least, fifty additional entertaining, educational or just plain fun venues.
Tax Assistance Campaign for Working Families (CWF) The CWF searches for practical ways to improve the economic status of working individuals and families. CWF works to improve the financial stability of low-income single mothers. Eligible single mothers will receive help with their taxes for free.
Discover how CWF can work for you.
Free or Sliding Scale Medical and Dental Care for single mothers You need to see a doctor. However, after you have paid for housing and food is there any money left for medical or dental care? Chronic conditions like diabetes, asthma and allergies require regular treatment. And everyone has to go to the doctor sometime. Dental care too is essential and not just for your teeth but your overall health. Lack of dental services can result in infection, gum disease and tooth loss.
Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) Care Clinic The Care Clinic serves people in the North Philadelphia area. The clinic offers primary medical care and specialized treatment depending on the needs of the patient. Care Clinic accepts insured, underinsured and uninsured individuals. Those without insurance coverage will be charged on a sliding scale determined by income and family size. Call 215-825-8220 or visit the web page for additional information about the Care Clinic. Greater Philadelphia Health Action, Inc. (GPHA) The GPHA provides comprehensive primary medical, dental, behavioral health, and child development services. There are twelve medical and dental offices around the Philadelphia area. Find the most appropriate GPHA clinic near you. for single mother assistance .
Food for the Hungry St. Francis Inn The Inn serves a hot meal every day, and breakfast three days a week. Staff and volunteers strive to interact with each person. Everyone is always welcome. St Francis Inn has other services as well. Call 215-423-5845 for meal times. To contact the Inn online send them an email. Coalition Against Hunger The Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger’s mission is to build a community where all people have the food they need to lead healthy lives. The Coalition provides resources to food pantries, and assists individuals and families with locating food. Also, the Coalition works with the organizations and agencies that have the ability to make hunger a problem of the past. If you would like to know more about finding reliable sources of food contact the Coalition at 215-430-0556. Use the Coalition web page to locate the nearest food kitchen. No one need go hungry.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers