If you are at a loss on how you will pay for your bills, check out this list of charity organizations and federal programs in San Francisco that can help single mothers get back on track.
San Francisco Community Assistance Program
The Community Assistance Program gives 15% and 35% discounts on water and sewer bills, respectively. In order to become eligible for this program, you must be the account holder, your income should meet the program’s income guidelines, and the total amount of your utilities in a year should not exceed 5% of your gross income. Also, your household should have already gone through the Water-Wise Evaluation in order to be accepted in the program. The Water-Wise Evaluation Program is a free site visit and assessment from a professional, who will check for water leaks and provide free materials and tips that will help you lessen your water consumption. Phone number is 415-551-3000 and website is http://www.sfwater.org/.
Larkin Street Youth Services provides assistance and guidance to the youth in order to help them find direction, rebuild their lives, and fulfill their potential. They have various programs for people aged 12 to 24 such as engagement, health and wellness, education and employment, and housing opportunities. Phone number is 800-669-6196 and website is http://larkinstreetyouth.org/.
The Salvation Army Golden State Division
Part of the social services being provided by the Salvation Army in San Francisco is an energy assistance program in cooperation with PG&E. This program is called Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help, and is more commonly known as REACH. The aim of the program is to help low-income San Francisco residents and single mothers who cannot afford to pay for their energy bills. REACH prioritizes applications from the elderly, disabled, and the poor. In order to qualify, you must have an existing PG&E residential account and provide proof of inability to pay. You should not be receiving subsidized housing assistance, and your income should be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. Phone number is 1-800-933-9677 and website is http://www.tsagoldenstate.org/goldenstate/home.
Swords to Plowshares
Swords to Plowshares is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to serving the veterans in San Francisco who are in need of help. It supports the Department of Veteran Affair’s Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program. Aside from housing, employment, childcare, transportation, and eviction, the veteran can also receive help to pay for rent and utility bills. In order to qualify for this program, the veteran must be receiving an income of 50% or less of the median income in their county of residence. The applicant must be a resident of San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin, Alameda, or Contra Costa in order to be approved for the SSVF program. Phone number is 415-252-4788 and website is https://www.swords-to-plowshares.org/.
Compass Family Services
Compass Connecting Point helps single mothers and families who are going through a housing crisis and are facing eviction due to non-payment of rent and utility bills. If qualified, you can be approved for a Rental Assistance Project (RAP) loan without interest. You can also apply to receive an assistance for your past-due utility bills. Phone number is 1-855-234-2667 and website is http://compass-sf.org/.
San Francisco Catholic Charities assistance
Catholic Charities provides social services to aging and disabled youths and adults, as well as low-income single parents and families that are living in San Francisco, Marin, and San Mateo. There are various programs being provided by this Catholic organization. One of them is the Assisted Housing & Health Program, which helps low-income individualswho are suffering from AIDS or HIV with rent subsidies. With the help of Saint Joseph’s Fund, this particular program can also help pay for medical bills. Another program you can seek assistance from is the 10th and Mission Family Housing Program, which provides family support services. Aside from access to various community resources and trainings for further education, you can also avail of utility bill payment support. The Homelessness Prevention Program provides assistance for back rents in order to prevent eviction. Phone number is 415-972-1200 and website is http://catholiccharitiessf.org/.
Hamilton Family Center
If you have been receiving eviction notices and you don’t have the resources to pay for your rent, HFC can help you. Since 1985, this faith-based, non-profit organization has been meeting the needs of the homeless in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of its programs is the First Avenues: Housing Solutions for Families. Aside from helping the homeless, it also helps those who are at risk of becoming one. The program gives support through financial management training and counseling, mediation services between landlord and tenant, and direct financial aid. If qualified, you may be approved for grant that you could use to pay back rent in order to prevent being evicted. For inquiries, call 415-614-9060 ext. 105. Phone number is 415-409-2100 and website is https://hamiltonfamilycenter.org/.
If you are having trouble paying your bills, you can approach any one of these agencies to help you through these tough times. If you are a single mother, get financial assistance today.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers